Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #86 DTRW TOUR - Sep 25 2019 - Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY, US(w.Bonnie Raitt)  (Read 116791 times)

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
15.05.1990  The Maltings Snape UK

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DFbn_F_VEpsk&ved=2ahUKEwii25aElY_lAhVixIsKHe5nCtgQwqsBMAB6BAgHEAU&usg=AOvVaw1N70QSZSwBptmLn_bB3Txn

Excellent versions of ITILYTM, probably my favourite. Mark stood motionless centre stage, Pensa glimmering like the most beautiful thing on the planet, and totally in the song, in the moment. Pure Knopfler, and of course our first glimpse of the pedal steel genius Paul Franklin. Wonder how many of us were thinking oh god, pedal steel, country music, DS was hard enough to explain to my mates... :lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:44:54 PM by 2manyguitars »

hunter

I've just been listening to / watching the NHB concert from Lockerbie. Poor quality, but brilliant show. Mark plays great, and Paul Franklin is out of this world.

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
Thanks blacklab jr.  Complete show in 4K !!!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Can't wait for someone to mix it with soundboard recording and voilà — we have the long-awaited live DVD :lol

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

Can't wait for someone to mix it with soundboard recording and voilà — we have the long-awaited live DVD :lol

It's coming.... ;)

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado

Thanks for sharing! He was on fire the last two weeks of the tour!

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
Bonnie Raitt New York Madison Square Garden September 25 2019 Opening Act for Mark Knopfler   Complete Show in 4K.
Thanks for the video blacklab jr. !!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z624pNAYDf0&feature=youtu.be

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Danny at the end of SAN breaks my heart, I think MK's music really means a lot to him.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Danny at the end of SAN breaks my heart, I think MK's music really means a lot to him.

I love that move from Danny, maybe be does that on every show because he thinks that he plays Speedway better than Ian, which is indeed true.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
I also dumped my recording of "Wherever I Go" onto Soundcloud for the "listener types".

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver/mark-knopfler-ft-bonnie-raitt-wherever-i-go-2019-09-25-msg-ny-ny

Nice sound! Did you record more songs of the concerts? Would love to hear it  :)

Yes, the whole show, but didn't get around to editing it yet. I haven't even sat down and listened to the whole show. Soundboard should be out soon.
But but...a soundboard ain't no audience rec....

You should try to mix the two together, because soundboards sold via MK's website lacks this "live" feeling to me, a lot of times audience recordings sounds better feeling-wise.
Aye aye!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

I have posted a link to download my audience source of this show below. I actually would prefer not to mix it with the (to be released) soundboard, unless it turns out to be much better quality than the others. I've most kept quiet, but I really don't care for the sound of the soundboard recordings from this tour. Many of them are plagued by distortion in the low end, and they all sound like they were made to be broadcast on FM radio with tons of compression. It really is quite puzzling how recordings from 2019 could sound like this, particularly considering how excellent the sound was at the shows in the audience. Anyway...

https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=7263.0
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
I also dumped my recording of "Wherever I Go" onto Soundcloud for the "listener types".

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver/mark-knopfler-ft-bonnie-raitt-wherever-i-go-2019-09-25-msg-ny-ny

Nice sound! Did you record more songs of the concerts? Would love to hear it  :)

Yes, the whole show, but didn't get around to editing it yet. I haven't even sat down and listened to the whole show. Soundboard should be out soon.
But but...a soundboard ain't no audience rec....

You should try to mix the two together, because soundboards sold via MK's website lacks this "live" feeling to me, a lot of times audience recordings sounds better feeling-wise.
Aye aye!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

I have posted a link to download my audience source of this show below. I actually would prefer not to mix it with the (to be released) soundboard, unless it turns out to be much better quality than the others. I've most kept quiet, but I really don't care for the sound of the soundboard recordings from this tour. Many of them are plagued by distortion in the low end, and they all sound like they were made to be broadcast on FM radio with tons of compression. It really is quite puzzling how recordings from 2019 could sound like this, particularly considering how excellent the sound was at the shows in the audience. Anyway...

https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=7263.0

Thanks for the audience recording! It has confirmed something I had noticed when at the concert... MK's vocal was really low in the mix. Having heard other shows and attending in Glasgow I was surprised at this. Hopefully the official recording will have him a little louder than he was on the night.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Official recording is available! :)

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado

I love that move from Danny, maybe be does that on every show because he thinks that he plays Speedway better than Ian, which is indeed true.

Indeed.

I also believe that Matt used to play a better solo -- at least it suited the song best I think -- than Jim's.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Just listening to the official recording again and Once Upon A Time In The West is amazing from this gig, maybe the best I've heard so far from this tour!

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Just listening to the official recording again and Once Upon A Time In The West is amazing from this gig, maybe the best I've heard so far from this tour!

Sadly it was never fully realised.  I had much hope after the first show in Barcelona, however that turned out to be one of the best versions played.  It never progressed and Mark never took a solo at the end.  There was one show in Bordeaux he did actually and didn't leave space for the other guys to come in but it was just noodling about really.  Maybe it was an experiment to see how it could progress but he decided against it.  Pity.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 39 queries.