Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #29 DTRW TOUR - June 12 2019 - Scandinavium, Gothenburg, Sweden #SPOILER#  (Read 13878 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Tonight's big thing was that MK held a speech where he said he first thought of retiring but being out playing makes him feel better/happy. "So I might as well go on until I fall over. *flips forearm forward *"

So the exact opposite to retirement speech. Very interesting.

Does anyone actually think he should do another tour?  I recognise we all want him to go on forever but realistically we want a great show with some guitar playing in it.  I think he should call it a day now because while the shows are generally well played they don't actually contain much in the way of guitar playing and are at a snail's pace.  He can't just want to keep going because he's raking in money and meeting up with old pals to play music.  Sorry to be blunt about it.

I'm with you on this dmg with regards actual tours....'Quit while you're ahead' as the saying goes...

One off show's (ie) RAH etc might be different in that he could practice for them without all the Kerfuffle of touring.....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Tonight's big thing was that MK held a speech where he said he first thought of retiring but being out playing makes him feel better/happy. "So I might as well go on until I fall over. *flips forearm forward *"

Does anyone actually think he should do another tour?  I recognise we all want him to go on forever but realistically we want a great show with some guitar playing in it.  I think he should call it a day now because while the shows are generally well played they don't actually contain much in the way of guitar playing and are at a snail's pace.  He can't just want to keep going because he's raking in money and meeting up with old pals to play music.  Sorry to be blunt about it.

I'm with you on this dmg with regards actual tours....'Quit while you're ahead' as the saying goes...

One off show's (ie) RAH etc might be different in that he could practice for them without all the Kerfuffle of touring.....

I think that when he release a new record, that he said he will, probably he would want to play some shows, maybe one month in selected places, maybe a week or less at the RAH, but I guess he would want to complete the whole cycle as usual, but in a lower scale.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Yeah, it's actually a bit sad to see how he is now. :(
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

hunter

There is this question and answer today on Guy's forum:

Q: [...] My only worry is MK’s physical motion on stage. I see him walking very, very slowly and I ask myself if there are some back problems again. As it is a long tour, I would suggest the stool as a full show equipment since I have seen MK playing better than ever while sitting down. Is he allright? [...]

A: None of us are spring chickens but yes, Mark is in a good place…and getting better thanks.

Whatever that means.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
I think "getting better" implies there was a problem, and he is getting over it.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

hunter

I think "getting better" implies there was a problem, and he is getting over it.

I got that much :) I'm curious what the problem was as the man has/had a hard time moving around, even gently. Could be the back.

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado

I got that much :) I'm curious what the problem was as the man has/had a hard time moving around, even gently. Could be the back.

Or as my doctor is fond of telling me when I complain of a bad back, it's age related aches and pains
This baker's boy from the West Country

hunter

Or as my doctor is fond of telling me when I complain of a bad back, it's age related aches and pains

I was thinking of the back problems he had a few years ago when he had to sit during the whole show. Maybe those problems have returned in some form or the other.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo

I was thinking of the back problems he had a few years ago when he had to sit during the whole show. Maybe those problems have returned in some form or the other.

I agree, it's got to be more than age, or Guy would not have made the "getting better" comment.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Maybe he's just taking better care of him while touring  :think
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Maybe he's just taking better care of him while touring  :think

Yeah.  I don't think there's much in it.  Probably just getting fitter being on the road and getting more exercise. 

Bear in mind he stood up for Bacon Roll in the first shows, so if he did have any problem then I think he would've introduced the stool at that point from the start of the tour.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
There is this question and answer today on Guy's forum:

Q: [...] My only worry is MK’s physical motion on stage. I see him walking very, very slowly and I ask myself if there are some back problems again. As it is a long tour, I would suggest the stool as a full show equipment since I have seen MK playing better than ever while sitting down. Is he allright? [...]

A: None of us are spring chickens but yes, Mark is in a good place…and getting better thanks.

Whatever that means.
Might just as well refer to his playing as this is mentioned in the question. Guy rarely gives away personal info re MK so guess it refers to his playing

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer

I would love a new tour. I´ve seen him since the STP days, and I can´t remember having enjoyed it as much as I do now. All of my favourites are the more slow ones with all the delicate guitar stuff, so for me this tour has been really good. I´m really not into pace when it comes to music, and "Once upon" makes up for most of the songs I will never get to hear live. But that´s me. I´m lucky, I suppose, who sees it that way...
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Some good videos from this great concert!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Some good videos from this great concert!

You can post the video of Speedway in this thread or the one about his biggest greenies! 

Maybe the week off hasn't been such a good idea.  He was just getting into his stride.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 43 queries.