Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Get Lucky album turned 10 years old today  (Read 8039 times)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Re: Get Lucky album turned 10 years old today
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »
So, is this the greatest looking boxset of the MK albums m? The others are of course very nice too, but with the dices, poker chips, poker chip style CD etc. my vote would still go go the GL boxset.

OfflineSimon (formerley known as Simon)

• Guitar George
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »
Do you think there will be an 'anniversary' edition released?  :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2019, 08:49:58 PM »
Do you think there will be an 'anniversary' edition released?  :lol

Of course!

LOL
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »
Oooooh GL, still very much playing this fabulous, special album..... SFFTC, BG&TV, RD - just amazing!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 11:22:02 PM »
Nice topic. Can't believe it's been ten years. Time flies by...

Great album with great songs and, to me, featuring the best band Mark had ever assembled, with Matt Rollings on piano and Danny on the drums.

Onlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2019, 12:08:57 AM »
A very nice album indeed, an excellent production and pretty songs, the bonus songs are also magnificent, I remember that piano intros of "Time in the sun" or the harpsichord in the intro of "Home boy", the melodies and the atmosphere in general of these songs really moved me, it could have been on a Straits album, good memories.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2019, 09:16:48 AM »
When I heard this record for the first time I thought that it was probably his best, a perfect mix of songs, all of them excellent, maybe with the exception of "you can't beat the house" that sounded very different in style, but it didn't bother me much.

The bonus tracks from that record, in my opinion, were minor songs, and from all his records, probably the worst bonus tracks released ever.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2019, 09:23:43 AM »
When I heard this record for the first time I thought that it was probably his best, a perfect mix of songs, all of them excellent, maybe with the exception of "you can't beat the house" that sounded very different in style, but it didn't bother me much.

The bonus tracks from that record, in my opinion, were minor songs, and from all his records, probably the worst bonus tracks released ever.

I agree, jbaent.   Although I really love GL, I always skip "You can't beat the house" and I feel that it should have been on the Privateering album.   It just didn't seem to fit in somehow.    Also the bonus songs were pretty poor imo too.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Online2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2019, 09:38:35 AM »

I agree, jbaent.   Although I really love GL, I always skip "You can't beat the house" and I feel that it should have been on the Privateering album.   It just didn't seem to fit in somehow.    Also the bonus songs were pretty poor imo too.

I thought early bird was a decent track, amusing, and a lovely slap round the face for a certain well known music mogul!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2019, 09:39:51 AM »

I thought early bird was a decent track, amusing, and a lovely slap round the face for a certain well known music mogul!

Yes, "Early bird" was great, I always forget about it...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2019, 09:54:27 AM »

There is something about "Early Bird" that sounds a bit like "Broken Bones", but I agree it is better than the other bonus songs. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Online2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 03:15:57 PM »

There is something about "Early Bird" that sounds a bit like "Broken Bones", but I agree it is better than the other bonus songs.

Early Bird has a much better melody in my opinion...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.