Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Coronavirus Covid-19  (Read 41654 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2020, 04:52:14 PM »

Happier times Val :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2002?

2007 at Hay-on-Wye.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2020, 05:28:26 PM »

And I still have the shirt!

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2020, 05:58:15 PM »
 Both you and the shirt have worn very well since then!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2020, 06:23:32 PM »
Ha

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2020, 12:11:51 PM »
Both my wife and I seem to have it. She’s NHS and I’m London Underground and haven’t till now stopped working. It was inevitable we would get it though. She’s a lot worse than me but in the grand scheme both mild symptoms. I would say the fatigue is extraordinarily and relentless. Every time I think it’s starting to subside and do I anything energetic, it gets back up with a frying pan and smacks me straight back down. I think the kids have it but virtually no symptoms, just a bit more grumpy and tired than usual. Although its a lot of doom and gloom out there, hopefully the vast majority of us only get these mild symptoms. Stay safe fellow fans of good music.

Get well soon Banjo!!!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2020, 12:25:22 PM »
They're now saying people can definitely catch the virus again where they previously thought it was unlikely.  I don't doubt either this bug is mutating either and there are now different strains as it spreads throughout the world.  The more strains there are, the more difficult a vaccine will be to develop.  We have never found one for the common cold for this very reason so what chance do we have with a new virus?

We can't stay indoors all our lives so this is coming back and as it mutates it's getting more dangerous.  I don't really have any hope for a vaccine.  The only infectious disease we've ever eradicated is smallpox.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:43:51 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2020, 02:22:25 PM »
Let's hope this one works eventually, in vitro works big time

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2020, 04:07:48 PM »
Let's hope this one works eventually, in vitro works big time

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

I still have my doubts but stand to be corrected.   :thumbsup
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:51:24 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »
I am hearing plasma transfusions from covid survivors here in italy are much better than anything else, About 100 severely ill, all recovered, and it works fast, within few hours you already feel better, hope it's the final solution

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2020, 07:29:42 PM »
I am hearing plasma transfusions from covid survivors here in italy are much better than anything else, About 100 severely ill, all recovered, and it works fast, within few hours you already feel better, hope it's the final solution
Unfortunate turn of phrase...

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2020, 08:34:34 PM »

? what do you mean ?

I mean it seems that plasma transfusions from covid survivors here in italy are much better than any other treatment,
a discovery by a doctor in Mantova, everyone in the study healed, it seems very good news
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:47:33 PM by PensaGhost »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2020, 09:18:52 PM »

? what do you mean ?

I mean it seems that plasma transfusions from covid survivors here in italy are much better than any other treatment,
a discovery by a doctor in Mantova, everyone in the study healed, it seems very good news
"...final solution...."
Ask a German about that ....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2020, 10:50:18 PM »
I guess I have to step in here. You both  are talking about the German Nazi expression "Endlösung", in English Final Solution, which was referred to the (in Nazi speech)  inhuman expression of "Jewish solution", which planned the and ended in genozide, Holocaust.

Now, first of all, Pensa is an not native English speaker. So even if "Final solution" has become a fix term in English language the same as in Germany, I find it a bit harsh from Dusty and also Pottel to push to it this somewhat secretly or almost arrogant way instead of just saying clearly what your problem is.

I am German and I read Pensa's post yesterday, believe it or not, and I absolutely did not think about that term the slightest, which of course is because I am not an English Native speaker myself. So maybe it's a little too much to ask from people who use not their mother tongue to care about really all historical and political intensions of any text? The good message of Pensa's post should have at least be commented by the two of you as well, don't you think? I am sure you will not intend to assume that Pensa used that term intensionally?

LE
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:54:53 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2020, 10:59:55 PM »
I guess I have to step in here. You both  are talking about the German Nazi expression "Endlösung", in English Final Solution, which was referred to the (in Nazi speech)  inhuman expression of "Jewish solution", which planned the and ended in genozide, Holocaust.

Now, first of all, Pensa is an not native English speaker. So even if "Final solution" has become a fix term in English language the same as in Germany, I find it a bit harsh from Dusty and also Pottel to push to it this somewhat secretly or almost arrogant way instead of just saying clearly what your problem is.

I am German and I read Pensa's post yesterday, believe it or not, and I absolutely did not think about that term the slightest, which of course is because I am not an English Native speaker myself. So maybe it's a little too much to ask from people who use not their mother tongue to care about really all historical and political intensions of any text? The good message of Pensa's post should have at least be commented by the two of you as well, don't you think? I am sure you will not intend to assume that Pensa used that term intensionally?

LE
Somehow I knew you would reply. I only wanted to explain what dusty reffered to. As also people who are not English natives sometimes know the "meaning" of that expression.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 39 queries.