Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Coronavirus Covid-19  (Read 41289 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2021, 11:52:45 AM »
Merkel and Macron now turning to Putin for the Russian vaccine because there is little trust in the AZ one after what they've said about it apparently.  Now this one has to be approved by the EMA. 
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2021, 12:15:36 PM »
Merkel and Macron now turning to Putin for the Russian vaccine because there is little trust in the AZ one after what they've said about it apparently.  Now this one has to be approved by the EMA.

There are three actually in distribution and for some reason, the one that is causing controversy for one reason or another is AZ... It's strange you don't hear a thing about Moderna or Pfizer...

AZ is the one that I should have, when they send the vaccines they committed to send. In the meantime, if other are approved, things can go faster! The Johnson's one is promising as only need one shot.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2021, 01:22:16 PM »
I'm going to get vaccinated with a Russian vaccine this weekend.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2021, 01:39:28 PM »

There are three actually in distribution and for some reason, the one that is causing controversy for one reason or another is AZ... It's strange you don't hear a thing about Moderna or Pfizer...

AZ is the one that I should have, when they send the vaccines they committed to send. In the meantime, if other are approved, things can go faster! The Johnson's one is promising as only need one shot.

AZ came out and said they would be honouring and prioritising UK contracts rather than shipping to EU.

Soon after Macron and Merkel started saying it wasn't safe.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2021, 02:08:54 PM »

AZ came out and said they would be honouring and prioritising UK contracts rather than shipping to EU.

Honestly, i don't mind if I get mine from AZ, Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson, even the Sputnik if it's aproved in Europe, but looks like AZ are playing games here, if they signed a contract they should honour the contract. It's true that we don't really know what they signed but, again, is the only provider causing trouble, or at least that we know they are causing trouble.

I had doubts in the begining that pharmaceutical companies would prioritize helping than making money with the pandemic, and looks like the others are but looks like AZ are having second thoughts...

In fact it's strange the other pharmaceutical companies are not having second thoughts, money is money, and that's why they work, not for helping people, but for making as much money as they can.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2021, 03:22:35 PM »

Honestly, i don't mind if I get mine from AZ, Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson, even the Sputnik if it's aproved in Europe, but looks like AZ are playing games here, if they signed a contract they should honour the contract. It's true that we don't really know what they signed but, again, is the only provider causing trouble, or at least that we know they are causing trouble.

I had doubts in the begining that pharmaceutical companies would prioritize helping than making money with the pandemic, and looks like the others are but looks like AZ are having second thoughts...

In fact it's strange the other pharmaceutical companies are not having second thoughts, money is money, and that's why they work, not for helping people, but for making as much money as they can.

The AZ one is apparently going to be sold at cost to developing countries.  Pfizer are looking to make money on theirs.

As for contracts I don't know either, but it seems the EU don't want the AZ vaccine anyway.  Merkel now only giving it to over 60s (she can have it then :lol).

This whole episode is a disaster for everyone, not just those in the EU; it shouldn't be a them vs us scenario right now.  We can still stick together on this despite not being in the country club!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »

I thought they were honouring the contracts, it's just UK signed deals earlier (about the one decent thing our government has done in the last 12 months).

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2021, 05:15:54 PM »

The AZ one is apparently going to be sold at cost to developing countries.  Pfizer are looking to make money on theirs.

As for contracts I don't know either, but it seems the EU don't want the AZ vaccine anyway.  Merkel now only giving it to over 60s (she can have it then :lol).

This whole episode is a disaster for everyone, not just those in the EU; it shouldn't be a them vs us scenario right now.  We can still stick together on this despite not being in the country club!

If there are enough vaccines from the others supliers, don't care about the AZ one. Sadly, there is a need for every shot so the AZ is needed.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2021, 05:41:35 PM »
I had the AZ one. Hoping to be back at gigs this year. I have Cliff Richard at the RAH in October and Jason Isbell in Amsterdam in November, international travel could still be outlawed though I guess :(

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
I had the AZ one. Hoping to be back at gigs this year. I have Cliff Richard at the RAH in October and Jason Isbell in Amsterdam in November, international travel could still be outlawed though I guess :(

Yeah, maybe inside the UK, gigs of British bands can start before than in other countries as vaccination is going fast , but outside the UK, or bands from outside the UK, I don't think there are going to be gigs until 2022.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2021, 06:56:25 PM »
also canada backing down from it now.
i am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2021, 06:58:48 PM »
AZ IS honouring contracts apparently, EU did not fool proof read it, forgot the exact wording but it was something about no punishment if not delivered in time and stuff.
as far as i understood that particular article that i cannot find back now obviously, AZ did not wrong,...contractually.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2021, 08:44:27 AM »

The AZ vaccine will not only be sold at cost to developing countries for the small amount of £3.60, but also to the EU and around the world.  The Pfizer jab costs £15 per jab and Moderna £28.   AZ decided to forgo a £21 billion profit, unlike Pfizer, Moderna etc who will make a huge profit.

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2021, 09:25:30 AM »
The AZ vaccine will not only be sold at cost to developing countries for the small amount of £3.60, but also to the EU and around the world.  The Pfizer jab costs £15 per jab and Moderna £28.   AZ decided to forgo a £21 billion profit, unlike Pfizer, Moderna etc who will make a huge profit.

yes, that's the theory, but already happened that AZ was telling they don't have enough vaccines to send to the UE, and they were sending a lot to countries outside the UE because they get paid more... many shipments of AZ vaccines outside the UE had been blocked because apparently they can't supply the UE, but they have no problems sending them to countries that pay more.

AZ is very suspicious of strange manouvres, so it's like they want to pretend they are not making that huge profit, but at the back they try to.

At least, that's what the media says, which we know might be not entirely true, but however, you only listen of that kind of manouvres from AZ.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 37 queries.