Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark on Sirius XM  (Read 111126 times)

Onlineknopfler1

• Camerado
Re: Mark on Sirius XM
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2020, 07:19:08 AM »

Here you go. One long file, not edited, from beginning to end. You can thank Pottel for reminding me.  :wave

FLAC Download (Not originally a lossless stream.): https://mega.nz/#!IUkXxQBI!B9AIF85t2tLDDSCG43kUCxfxjUzvfHOwH2nZQwtxvyo

320 Kbps MP3: https://mega.nz/#!UZ91VbCZ!01GaiapoW9mKwIhH73EeUOZVs3zmeeVO1c7Tu9-e_ag

Hey, thanks for doing this!

The links are not loading for me... Is this just me?

hunter

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2020, 07:23:45 AM »

Here you go. One long file, not edited, from beginning to end. You can thank Pottel for reminding me.  :wave

FLAC Download (Not originally a lossless stream.): https://mega.nz/#!IUkXxQBI!B9AIF85t2tLDDSCG43kUCxfxjUzvfHOwH2nZQwtxvyo

320 Kbps MP3: https://mega.nz/#!UZ91VbCZ!01GaiapoW9mKwIhH73EeUOZVs3zmeeVO1c7Tu9-e_ag

Hey, thanks for doing this!

The links are not loading for me... Is this just me?

It just takes a while. I decided to download instead.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2020, 07:49:12 AM »
Was he,...."funny" ? Did he narrate well?

I think he did well, but not exactly lively. Perfect for a late-evening show. I also think the narration was cut and edited in places. The music overall is very laid back. Sunday afternoon music, to be honest. Not that that's a bad thing. It probably is an indicator of where Mark is at musically these days.
Also, this was just the first episode, let's sit back and enjoy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2020, 07:53:02 AM »

I think he did well, but not exactly lively. Perfect for a late-evening show. I also think the narration was cut and edited in places. The music overall is very laid back. Sunday afternoon music, to be honest. Not that that's a bad thing. It probably is an indicator of where Mark is at musically these days.

Absolutely. Hopefully he'll do it fairly regularly to build momentum and not lose it. At any rate, it's very interesting to get a peak into what kind of music he likes.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2020, 08:17:27 AM »

Absolutely. Hopefully he'll do it fairly regularly to build momentum and not lose it. At any rate, it's very interesting to get a peak into what kind of music he likes.
Exactly, am also hoping for some guilty pleasures,did he dance to the Macarena/ketchup song of similar, does he like to meditate to Enya singing in hobbit tongue?

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2020, 08:27:58 AM »

Exactly, am also hoping for some guilty pleasures,did he dance to the Macarena/ketchup song of similar, does he like to meditate to Enya singing in hobbit tongue?

Yeah, that's something I was missing, more talk about the songs, why he liked them, if or how they inspired him. It was a bit too "this is artist A, whom I like, playing song B, which I also like". Fingers crossed.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2020, 09:11:43 AM »
Thanks for this, Dan - it's much appreciated!   :thumbsup

Just finished listening and I enjoyed it very much.   It's always interesting to hear MK's personal musical favourites.   I hope he does some more.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »
Thanks very much for the effort. Thought he would play a bit but this would have to do ;)
Cheers Peter

hunter

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2020, 09:41:22 AM »
I'm still wondering why he does it. And why Canada, which has a population of only 38 million? If it's just for the love of it, a not-for-profit thing, why not make podcasts and launch them on the streaming platforms?

Edit: I was under the impression that it was ONLY Canada, but it's also the US. Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:45:46 AM by hunter »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2020, 10:23:23 AM »
I'm still wondering why he does it. And why Canada, which has a population of only 38 million? If it's just for the love of it, a not-for-profit thing, why not make podcasts and launch them on the streaming platforms?

If you think about it, I think most people will agree that Mark's complete absence from the world between albums and tours is quite a shame and he might just realised that. I think it's his way of dealing with the modern world, and I think it's the best way to do it! Rather than be a blogger or have an Instagram, having an old-school radio show is an amazing thing to do. And I bet royalties for this kind of work are so negligible he do it just for the sake of it. And the availability... It's just because Mark's marketing works that way :lol

hunter

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2020, 10:33:05 AM »

If you think about it, I think most people will agree that Mark's complete absence from the world between albums and tours is quite a shame and he might just realised that. I think it's his way of dealing with the modern world, and I think it's the best way to do it! Rather than be a blogger or have an Instagram, having an old-school radio show is an amazing thing to do. And I bet royalties for this kind of work are so negligible he do it just for the sake of it. And the availability... It's just because Mark's marketing works that way :lol

I think the format is ideal for Mark, and he certainly doesn't need to do it for money. Plus I think it's fun that he just does something different. So, if just for his personal pleasure, that's fine. There are however several young-ish and not well known artists that he presents, so if he'd like to give them some exposure, then that's great. Surely choosing Canada isn't an accident, but I think he'd get a lot more listeners in the EU, or Australia for that matter. If exposure is the goal, I mean.

Edit: I just realized someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Sorry for making a fuss about the only Canada thing, which was incorrect.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:46:30 AM by hunter »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »

I think the format is ideal for Mark, and he certainly doesn't need to do it for money. Plus I think it's fun that he just does something different. So, if just for his personal pleasure, that's fine. There are however several young-ish and not well known artists that he presents, so if he'd like to give them some exposure, then that's great. Surely choosing Canada isn't an accident, but I think he'd get a lot more listeners in the EU, or Australia for that matter. If exposure is the goal, I mean.

Edit: I just realized someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Sorry for making a fuss about the only Canada thing, which was incorrect.

Just started listening the show and I freaking LOVE IT! What an amazing show! I have a friend who recommends me a lot of cool new music and I don't know where he finds it, but having Mark Knopfler recommend you music is just another level. Definitely my life will be better because of this show, and that's not a bad thing at all :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2020, 11:45:42 AM »
Thanks for this, Dan - it's much appreciated!   :thumbsup

Just finished listening and I enjoyed it very much.   It's always interesting to hear MK's personal musical favourites.   I hope he does some more.   :)

The announcement of the radio show said it would be weekly, but it doesn't says during how much weeks...

After watching the Brian Johnson program, when Brian and MK were talking about songs from their youth and both singing them, I thought that something like this radio show could be interesting...

I would listen to it on Monday while driving to work, I can't before, I'm very much looking forward to it!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2020, 12:12:18 PM »
Thank you Dan!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »
Thank you Dan and sorry guys, I was killed while doing my duty  ;D
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 49 queries.