Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72116 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #300 on: March 09, 2022, 10:24:24 AM »
After waiting sooo long for new music a double album would be just GREAT!

Quality over quantity for me please.

Most deffo 'quality over quantity' for Me too.....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #301 on: March 09, 2022, 11:08:24 AM »
After waiting sooo long for new music a double album would be just GREAT!

Quality over quantity for me please.

Most deffo 'quality over quantity' for Me too.....

For me too!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #302 on: March 09, 2022, 11:35:00 AM »
I'll take everything that's going at this stage. Let's face facts, it's unlikely he's going to be making music for too much longer... :(
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #303 on: March 09, 2022, 11:46:37 AM »
I'll take everything that's going at this stage. Let's face facts, it's unlikely he's going to be making music for too much longer... :(

Yes, I agree with you. I think that there are at least one or two records more after this one, but I'm not sure if they will be of new recorded material, or from previously recorded songs, from this session or even before.

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #304 on: March 09, 2022, 12:09:24 PM »
I am not sure I agree with that, I think there is more chance of new songs than new tours going forward, which is fine by me.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #305 on: March 09, 2022, 12:21:02 PM »
...recording loads of new music...

It’s really a miracle we put so many songs in the can...

Double album?

Or a can?  What sort of player do we need for that?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2022, 09:40:49 PM »
New album without brass section.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2022, 08:32:57 AM »
New album without brass section.

By now.

While they are mixing, further instruments can be added at last call.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2022, 01:01:32 PM »
Yes. I didn't think about it, and it is possible.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 06:21:23 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2022, 04:45:06 PM »
I'm angry. I don't need vinyl if CD gives me all the new songs. Album could be released this year but vinyl will delay the premiere.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:49:20 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2022, 10:28:03 AM »
I'm angry. I don't need vinyl if CD gives me all the new songs. Album could be released this year but vinyl will delay the premiere.

This is a decision from the record company, cd still sales, but the biggest amount of sales for record companies come from vinyl sales, so the record companies are going to give priority to vinyls, it doesn't matter the cd can be produced before,

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2022, 10:42:51 AM »

This is a decision from the record company, cd still sales, but the biggest amount of sales for record companies come from vinyl sales, so the record companies are going to give priority to vinyls, it doesn't matter the cd can be produced before,

Who would have thought this is possible in the year 2022? I don't want vinyl, I don't want CDs. Give me a USB-C storage in tune with the album cover or Mark's guitars like live show USB. With hi-res audio, additional material, 4K video, photos and whatnot. We're not living in the stone age anymore, record companies, do you hear me?

How two niche and outdated mediums still be a priority in making albums? This is ridiculous.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2022, 10:48:38 AM »

Who would have thought this is possible in the year 2022? I don't want vinyl, I don't want CDs. Give me a USB-C storage in tune with the album cover or Mark's guitars like live show USB. With hi-res audio, additional material, 4K video, photos and whatnot. We're not living in the stone age anymore, record companies, do you hear me?

How two niche and outdated mediums still be a priority in making albums? This is ridiculous.

People who buy digital files might be a small number in comparation, as usually those people doesn't care about physical things, so probably they don't even care about buying the digital files, but listen to them in places like Spotify that give little money to record companies, as it's something they can't touch, it has less value, in comparation with cds and vinyls, which are something that real music lovers still care about and you can touch, something that has a value that you can hold with your hands, with a cover, back cover, liner notes etc etc, so they get the best sales and the big money for record companies.

I have to confess that I buy the vinyls and the cds, I open them, read the credits etc, but in the end, I don't play them, well, I put the cd once in my computer and rip it into my hard disk, and I listen to that, or if I'm not in home, throught Amazon Music or Spotify.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2022, 11:05:52 AM »
Some artists release the albums and then the vinyl comes a few months later.

I received my vinyl edition of the latest Sturgill Simpson album a couple of weeks ago. It was out on Spotify and CD in September I think.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #314 on: March 23, 2022, 11:07:50 AM »
People who buy digital files might be a small number in comparation, as usually those people doesn't care about physical things, so probably they don't even care about buying the digital files, but listen to them in places like Spotify that give little money to record companies, as it's something they can't touch, it has less value, in comparation with cds and vinyls, which are something that real music lovers still care about and you can touch, something that has a value that you can hold with your hands, with a cover, back cover, liner notes etc etc, so they get the best sales and the big money for record companies.

I have to confess that I buy the vinyls and the cds, I open them, read the credits etc, but in the end, I don't play them, well, I put the cd once in my computer and rip it into my hard disk, and I listen to that, or if I'm not in home, throught Amazon Music or Spotify.

Yeah... I still remember when The Beatles released their apple-shaped USB Memory Stick... It was like 15 years ago. Not only that, they did different versions (MONO and STEREO, personally, I prefer the mono version). And it was FLACs, not some kind of mp3s or something, it was done extremely well. Still has all the liner notes, great to put on the shelf, looks cool, easy to use.

How come something like this is still not the norm in 2022 baffles me. Music business must be controlled by very old people. I'd buy pieces like The Beatles Apple every time over CD.

I think what they love about CDs and vinyls is that it's extremely cheap to mass-produce it. Though I don't think that memory sticks are extremely expensive either... So it's a choice.

Not to offend vinyl lovers like Dusty, this medium certainly has its place in history and in the hearts of music lovers. I'm just trying to say that making it a priority is like still making guitar strings out of animal guts. Like I get this is old-school, but it's also 21st century, folks.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 37 queries.