Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Teenage Cancer Trust /Buddy Holly Fundation charity project  (Read 70349 times)

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Re: Teenage Cancer Trust /Buddy Holly Fundation charity project
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2024, 08:17:47 PM »
Retirement after all the commotion with auction, album and collaborations? :-\
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2024, 11:59:33 PM »
That’s shaky, old person writing.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2024, 08:25:51 AM »
I wonder why Ringo signed it? he is not known for his guitar playing :think I get he must be a big fan of Buddy Holly though, maybe he is playing drums on the album? or Mark's song? I would have expected to see Paul McCartney sign it though.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2024, 09:41:00 AM »
I wonder why Ringo signed it? he is not known for his guitar playing :think I get he must be a big fan of Buddy Holly though, maybe he is playing drums on the album? or Mark's song? I would have expected to see Paul McCartney sign it though.

Yeadh, someone has to play drums, lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2024, 11:45:49 AM »
Didn't the auctioneer say we'd get information about this project this month just before bidding commenced?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2024, 12:08:29 PM »
Didn't the auctioneer say we'd get information about this project this month just before bidding commenced?

The winner of the TCT signed guitar also got two tickets for a private event on early March (I think the 2nd or 3rd), something like a launch event, but yes, they said it would be announced in February, so any day now.

If the event is on first weekend of March, I guess they would announce it maybe 15 days before?

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2024, 12:17:57 PM »

The winner of the TCT signed guitar also got two tickets for a private event on early March (I think the 2nd or 3rd), something like a launch event, but yes, they said it would be announced in February, so any day now.

If the event is on first weekend of March, I guess they would announce it maybe 15 days before?

The sale of this guitar will be accompanied by two tickets to the exclusive UK VIP launch event on 1 March 2024.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2024, 12:34:25 PM »
So.... sooooon
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2024, 12:55:38 PM »

The sale of this guitar will be accompanied by two tickets to the exclusive UK VIP launch event on 1 March 2024.

That’s good news!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2024, 07:42:52 PM »

Some would day he’s not known for his drumming either….i don’t have a problem with his drumming though

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2024, 08:50:10 PM »

Some would day he’s not known for his drumming either….i don’t have a problem with his drumming though

Ringo plays in a particluar way, as he is left handed and plays on a right handed kit. So most of his fills are "reversed"

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2024, 11:05:52 PM »

Ringo plays in a particluar way, as he is left handed and plays on a right handed kit. So most of his fills are "reversed"

Haha! Ringo is awesome. His signature will look in place on anything. I watched his masterclass on masterclass.com and it was one of the worst masterclasses I have ever seen, he's a disaster of a teacher. He is a great drummer though and his vibe is unmatched. I think guys like this make the best drummers — funny and laid-back. It's vibe over chops, and lots of peace and love.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2024, 11:35:01 PM »
Just about every drummer of note hails Ringo as of the greatest ever. Seems to me that anyone who doesn’t rate him really doesn’t have a clue.

It was fantastic to see him in Get Back. He would sit patiently for ages while the others noodled and came up with stuff, then come right in with the perfect drum part. Every single time.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2024, 12:09:32 AM »
Just about every drummer of note hails Ringo as of the greatest ever. Seems to me that anyone who doesn’t rate him really doesn’t have a clue.

It was fantastic to see him in Get Back. He would sit patiently for ages while the others noodled and came up with stuff, then come right in with the perfect drum part. Every single time.

Absolutely. People who say bad things about this guy, or recite the famous "Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles" joke have no clue whatsoever. But it's kinda obvious where the confusion comes from as well. His lines sound simple for the general public, but more importantly, he's got three butts of the giant singer-songwriters playing in front of him and getting all the attention (he often talks about this himself).

But if you dig in and compare his playing to all The Beatles drummers we have recordings of — Pete Best, Andy White, and Jimmie Nicol — Ringo puts them all to shame, and then some. And the story of how he made it to the band is interesting and dramatic. Just everything about Ringo is cool and interesting, and yes, on top of that, he's highly professional and creative as well. One of the greatest, no doubt about it.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2024, 11:45:52 AM »
Today it's the anniversary of Buddy Holly dead, it would be a great day to announce the record.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.