Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tremors in MK's right hand  (Read 7216 times)

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Re: Tremors in MK's right hand
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2024, 09:53:25 PM »
I wonder if it’s something to do with his crash. He sustained quite alot of bad injuries which can come back to haunt you later on in life.

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2024, 10:37:03 PM »
I think we need to remember the fact that he hadn’t warmed up, was dressed formally (a suit gives slightly less mobility of arms etc) and he’s in his 70s.

If we compare it to the other most recent footage we have of him playing guitar, the video for Ahead of the Game, they’re hugely different. When they shot the video, regardless of whether or not it was the sound that we hear etc, he was clearly playing much better as he’d warmed up, was relaxed and ready to play.

Have you ever heard Robbie Williams sing spur of the moment? Sounds absolutely awful. But warmed up then his voice is (or was…prob a bit past it now) something else entirely. I don’t necessarily like his music but the guy could sing.

I think it’s much the same here

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2024, 11:41:04 PM »
Regarding this issue, I know for sure, and that's information, not an opinion, that MK doesn't feel well about his actual condition and he felt even worse with the TCT project when he met other guitar players of his age or older, already planning to go on tour, because he can't do it anymore.

Obviously I can't say from where I get this, but I was told that this is information, not an opinion.

Let's enjoy whatever he can record in the future and offer us, and treasure our memories of him playing live.

One can hardly believe that Mark, who we know as a strong man and an optimist, can ever be "jealous" about something like this. Yes, a lot of guitar players and singers of his age and older are still gigging, however, way more people who were younger are already dead. Who said you need to play until you die anyway?

Quentin Tarantino said his 10th movie will be his last and he'll concentrate on writing books. It's not like you play the guitar to live, you live to play the guitar or do something else. So I sincerely hope it's not going downhill already, however, we are receiving very bad signs lately and I don't think this is a drill.

Live long and prosper Mark K. Just don't forget to let your fans know so it's not all speculation.

OfflineSultan70

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2024, 08:20:35 PM »
Regarding this issue, I know for sure, and that's information, not an opinion, that MK doesn't feel well about his actual condition and he felt even worse with the TCT project when he met other guitar players of his age or older, already planning to go on tour, because he can't do it anymore.

Obviously I can't say from where I get this, but I was told that this is information, not an opinion.

Let's enjoy whatever he can record in the future and offer us, and treasure our memories of him playing live.

So sad, I guess inability to play is the worst nightmare of any musician

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2024, 12:21:38 PM »
I watched the video and personally didn't notice anything untoward. But I'm not a doctor.

Unless you are also a doctor or qualified to comment on it I'm not sure that there is any point to speculate.

i have to admit i do notice a certain shaky movement as well. is that what people speculate it is, no clue, but the movement CAN be seen
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2024, 12:23:44 PM »
I would tend to advise against asking Guy. He is not Mark’s spokesman and is hardly at liberty to discuss Mark’s health.
fully agree
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2024, 02:24:45 PM »
I’ve noticed that a long time ago but don’t really like bringing it up on here.

I’m sure he’s having the best possible treatment for any health issues he may face and his family seems to be pretty tight-knitted. Mark’s like a family member for all of us and knowing that he’s well looked after makes me feel better about all this.

I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2024, 05:01:58 PM »
I would tend to advise against asking Guy. He is not Mark’s spokesman and is hardly at liberty to discuss Mark’s health.
fully agree

Indeed.  Guy will obviously delete all questions regarding this and will no doubt have been asked about this already.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2024, 05:39:19 PM »
fully agree

Indeed.  Guy will obviously delete all questions regarding this and will no doubt have been asked about this already.

But the question will remain there until Guy noticed that question, and that would led to other people commenting that...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2024, 06:21:59 PM »

I’m sure he’s having the best possible treatment for any health issues he may face and his family seems to be pretty tight-knitted. Mark’s like a family member for all of us and knowing that he’s well looked after makes me feel better about all this.

:thumbsup
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2024, 06:46:07 PM »

Very nice comment.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2024, 06:17:48 PM »
As has been said before, the effects of ageing are different for everyone, and you can't say that just because Springsteen can still go out & do powerful, long shows that everyone should be able to. Mark has made the wise decision to stop touring at the right time, We knew when the DS classics with "twiddly bits" were dropped from the last tour that things were getting worse, but he was still able to deliver a great show.  Now, 5 years later he will know he couldn't do it again.  Much as I love McCartney, I think he should have stopped touring a while ago because his voice is going, I think it's better to bow out with dignity at the right time, and that's what Mark has done. 
I'm 68 and I can no longer manage to play TR or ToL, my fingers are getting stiffer & I've a hint of a tremor (essential tremor).
I hate to think what bashing those classics out on extended tours must have done to Mark's hands and I remember him wearing a wrist brace early in his solo career so he's probably suffering from years of heavy playing as much as any ailment.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:21:35 PM by 3Strats »
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflineBarrow boy

• Guitar George
  • A shiver in the dark
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2024, 07:20:02 PM »
I don't know when the Ahead of the Game video was recorded but there he seems to play perfectly fine like he used to do lately. And just like Eddie said surely he is having the best treatment for any health issue.

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2024, 08:25:54 PM »
I don't know when the Ahead of the Game video was recorded but there he seems to play perfectly fine like he used to do lately. And just like Eddie said surely he is having the best treatment for any health issue.

Not a lot of actual movement in that finger pattern....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2024, 09:46:56 PM »

Not a lot of actual movement in that finger pattern....

It's a playback video anyway, not sure how you can tell his shape considering that.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 38 queries.