Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tremors in MK's right hand  (Read 7218 times)

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Re: Tremors in MK's right hand
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2024, 11:33:22 PM »
I don't know when the Ahead of the Game video was recorded but there he seems to play perfectly fine like he used to do lately. And just like Eddie said surely he is having the best treatment for any health issue.

Not a lot of actual movement in that finger pattern....

It's a playback video anyway, not sure how you can tell his shape considering that.

Learnt it. Capo 4rd fret. Key Ab, E shapes. Nice riff, very simple....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 11:51:06 PM by 2manyguitars »

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2024, 08:21:05 AM »
If he still plays some cool guitar on the album, then he is at least able to cope with the issue, it's not stopping him playing.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2024, 10:21:30 AM »
I don't know when the Ahead of the Game video was recorded but there he seems to play perfectly fine like he used to do lately. And just like Eddie said surely he is having the best treatment for any health issue.

It's a playback video anyway, not sure how you can tell his shape considering that.

It's a perfect way to deal with the situation. Good, smooth riff, a lot of hammer-ons, slides and pull-offs, no vibrato at all, and 1 position change. The solo's the same.

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2024, 01:27:08 PM »

It's a perfect way to deal with the situation. Good, smooth riff, a lot of hammer-ons, slides and pull-offs, no vibrato at all, and 1 position change. The solo's the same.

That was my point. It's not in the least bit taxing ....

OfflineRockinCat

• Guitar George
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2024, 05:15:31 PM »
I watched the Christie's interview last night.  My husband pointed out the slight tremor to me.  I didn't notice it until then.  I had the privilege of seeing MK and his band play multiple times from 2004-2019.  From my perspective, one of his absolute best gigs was at the Count Basie Theatre in NJ which would have been maybe 2010?  I always LOVED seeing him although some shows were better than others in terms of the energy.  Often when I saw him it was towards the end of the tour and maybe everyone was a little tired.  I remember when Mark hurt his back and continued on with the tour - he was clearly in pain but the show must go on.  He was still great.  I love the guy and his music, the band.  I was sometimes able to get seats in the first row where you could look in his eyes and see the seriousness of purpose.  I remember him looking out into the audience.  No question in my mind that he had a passion for playing live.  I am so grateful that he has given us so much.  His music has sustained me through many a tough moment in my life.  It is a constant, always there at the push of a button.  I will miss the live performances but I am glad that he can still write songs, play, and record albums.  He's still here, tremor or not and I'm so thankful.
It's gonna be a beautiful year

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2024, 05:27:08 PM »
I watched the Christie's interview last night.  My husband pointed out the slight tremor to me.  I didn't notice it until then.  I had the privilege of seeing MK and his band play multiple times from 2004-2019.  From my perspective, one of his absolute best gigs was at the Count Basie Theatre in NJ which would have been maybe 2010?  I always LOVED seeing him although some shows were better than others in terms of the energy.  Often when I saw him it was towards the end of the tour and maybe everyone was a little tired.  I remember when Mark hurt his back and continued on with the tour - he was clearly in pain but the show must go on.  He was still great.  I love the guy and his music, the band.  I was sometimes able to get seats in the first row where you could look in his eyes and see the seriousness of purpose.  I remember him looking out into the audience.  No question in my mind that he had a passion for playing live.  I am so grateful that he has given us so much.  His music has sustained me through many a tough moment in my life.  It is a constant, always there at the push of a button.  I will miss the live performances but I am glad that he can still write songs, play, and record albums.  He's still here, tremor or not and I'm so thankful.

I feel just the same as you, RockinCat!   :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 38 queries.