Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011  (Read 203019 times)

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Re: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011
« Reply #555 on: October 16, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

One thing all this "interaction" with ER has shown is that AMIT is THE definitive MK forum now. :)

You mean there are others out there?  ;D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #556 on: October 16, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/bob-dylan-in-national/bob-dylan-set-list-bournemouth-international-centre-england-october-14-2011

Interesting they quote a post from our forum  ;D
So, did Bob really play "Blind Willie McTell" - without MK??

Yeah, hopefully Pottel feels this restores some respect for AMIT after the poor setlist showings. :)

One thing all this "interaction" with ER has shown is that AMIT is THE definitive MK forum now. :)
sure did/does
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 04:10:33 PM by Pottel »
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #557 on: October 16, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
Also "Knopfler...........then walked off stage"     As though he went off in a huff!   ::)

LOL....how else is he supposed to get off stage?!!

fly  ;D

Haha, yeaaahhh......... flying like tarzan using a liane, meanwhile lifting up Jane who is waiting for him halfway the stage! 

Uuuhhhh of course I need to be Jane then!

Oooohhhhh imagine!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #558 on: October 16, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »
Just for your information, the guy who does that Bob Dylan "Examiner" page (Harald Lepidus is his name) gets paid every time someone clicks on one of his pages. What he (overwhelmingly) does is gather bits and bits from here and there on the web and puts together a piece, sometimes without a credit or a link to the original, gives it an intriguing title to attract visitors and sits back and takes the cash. Sometimes, he spreads one of his "stories" over several successive pages to increase his take.  Not uncommonly, he puts two and two together and makes five. For example, he picked up, from John McCusker's website that John would be on the Dylan/Knopfler tour and promptly reported that John McCusker would be the support act to the two of them.  At times, he has had several links on the ER website at a time and I have complained to ER's originator, Karl-Erik, about this. If Mr Lepidus picks up something of interest to Dylan fans on the web, he should simply send the link to ER, as so many others do unselfishly. More recently than my direct complaints to Karl-Eric, there has been a topic on the ER discussion pages about Mr Lepidus and his activities, many of the comments reflecting my own views. Personally, I no longer click the links to the "Examiner" pages and would encourage others to avoid them, too.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #559 on: October 16, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »
thnx for that twm....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #560 on: November 14, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »
With the end of this tour now in sight, I thought I'd mention some information that someone I know has compiled.

After 27 shows, performing 14 or 15 songs per night, Dylan has performed 49 different songs.

Would someone care to work out the statistics for Mark Knopfler's sets?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #561 on: November 14, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
With the end of this tour now in sight, I thought I'd mention some information that someone I know has compiled.

After 27 shows, performing 14 or 15 songs per night, Dylan has performed 49 different songs.

Would someone care to work out the statistics for Mark Knopfler's sets?

We must bear in mind that Mark's set is only 11 songs and he has played on 15 or 16 of Bob's songs too.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
« Reply #562 on: November 14, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
Sorry, it's in french but you shall undersand the percentages:
http://www.afmk.net/concert2011/setlist.php
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #563 on: November 14, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »
In case anyone wonders, my comment was not intended as a criticism of Mark Knopfler but as a comment on the difference between the two performers.

Thanks for the French-compiled statistics.

Out of the 34 different songs performed by Mark over 27 concerts, 16 have been in his own set and 18 have been part of Dylan's set. That statistic, in itself, says something about their different approaches to performing. In reality, of course, the difference is even greater because Mark has not been joining Dylan on-stage for all 27 concerts but only for the more recent shows.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #564 on: November 14, 2011, 02:29:11 PM »
In case anyone wonders, my comment was not intended as a criticism of Mark Knopfler but as a comment on the difference between the two performers.

Hmm...  Indeed, they are both very different performers in the live arena.  I admire Dylan as an artist but don't really see what he offers to a live audience, unlike MK.  Mark and his band are well into the actual music instrumentally, unlike Bob, and as such it's not so easy to chop and change the set.

Bob has also been touring lately, presumably with the same band so they will know the songs whereas MK hasn't been on the road since July 2010 and with a couple of changes in the line-up.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:09:16 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
« Reply #565 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »
http://thetwinwithin.blogspot.com/2011/11/when-mark-joined-bob-on-stage.html

A blog off the ER front page. Handy links to MK-BD youtube clips.

Love Expresso

« Reply #566 on: November 14, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »
That's a very nice page indeed!  :o

LE

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
Read on Guy forum :
Q : Guy, since Bob Dylan is touring almost 6 months every year is there any chance you will go on tour with Bob again in the next years... let us say in the USA......?    

A : I cannot comment on this

I guess that there is a chance that we'll see a "Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2012" thread here.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:05 AM »
I have said elsewhere that, given how well the two bands and the two crews got on and given the evident respect the main performers showed for one another, there would seem to be a decent prospect of another BD/MK tour - as much as either individual can be predicted at all.

Amongst Dylan collectors, it is understood that he will not be appearing in Britain in 2012, so elsewhere would suggest North America. Frankly, a promoter offered such a combination would jump at it. In my view, it is the different approaches to live shows of these two artists that makes for an interesting evening's entertainment. The "mono-culture vultures" here and on ER will doubtless bleat about it but I, for one, would welcome the opportunity to see these two on the same bill again. Bring it on, I say.

OfflineAnimalmysoul

• Guitar George
« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2011, 05:47:47 AM »
but I, for one, would welcome the opportunity to see these two on the same bill again. Bring it on, I say.
Oh yes, i say it too  :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 39 queries.