Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 599721 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1950 on: November 09, 2021, 07:17:05 PM »
Wow, I have never noticed that the ceiling looks so amazing. What a great place to record.

It actually resembles a marketplace I went to when I was a kid, it had exactly the round windows on the roof like this. And it's still standing and working here in Saint Petersburg centre, you can get a glimpse of it on these pics:

So as soon as I saw Mark's studio I immediately thought about my childhood connection lol. Even if it's not true windows in his studio, surely looks like it. I think this studio is a marvel of design and technology, which is quite predictable, to be honest.

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #1951 on: November 11, 2021, 10:37:09 AM »
Wow, I have never noticed that the ceiling looks so amazing. What a great place to record.

It actually resembles a marketplace I went to when I was a kid, it had exactly the round windows on the roof like this. And it's still standing and working here in Saint Petersburg centre, you can get a glimpse of it on these pics:

So as soon as I saw Mark's studio I immediately thought about my childhood connection lol. Even if it's not true windows in his studio, surely looks like it. I think this studio is a marvel of design and technology, which is quite predictable, to be honest.

Is this the kitchen at BG studios? Robyn Becker in the background making lunch?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1952 on: November 11, 2021, 10:45:37 AM »

LOL! Sure this marketplace looks fancy, right? Speaking of the kitchen, I checked out Mark's studio on Google Maps and hanging right before people's eyes on the street, I noticed these:

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #1953 on: November 11, 2021, 11:01:29 AM »

LOL! Sure this marketplace looks fancy, right? Speaking of the kitchen, I checked out Mark's studio on Google Maps and hanging right before people's eyes on the street, I noticed these:

That’s Danny’s percussion department right?

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #1954 on: November 11, 2021, 11:12:36 AM »
S'cuse me, s'cuse me
Have you got my roll?

I could order you a toastie
Just like that one there
Or the same in plain white bread
When you're dealing with a toastie
What do you prefer
Brown or red?

;D
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #1955 on: January 05, 2022, 08:28:53 AM »
Have nobody seen that he writes that both his and Marks album will be out this year?  :) I know we can't be sure at all...and I don't "jump the roof" like I would do before, but I hope he is right.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1956 on: January 05, 2022, 09:01:14 AM »
I really hope MK new album could be out this year, I was told some time ago that it won't be sooner than September 2022, but that was when the band session was expected for autumm 2021, sadly due to the various country restrictions that had to be delayed to february 2022.

With nowadays restrictions, I don't know what Americans have to face to travel abroad, but I know that in order to get to the UK they need to have at least a 48 hours negative test, and when arrive to the UK they need to have a PCR test before the day two of their stay, and they also have to be isolated until they have the result, if that's negative, they would be free to start recording, luckily in two days, maybe less if the PCR they took is one of those express that provides results in less than 24 hours, so, I think it's likely they do their band sessions, if all test negative, of course, and for the Americans, if they are allowed to fly abroad!

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1957 on: January 05, 2022, 11:42:56 AM »
Hm, a short while ago there wasn't a release date or period known for the new MK album. And now Guy said it will be this year? Remarkable... but let's hope  :)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1958 on: January 05, 2022, 12:05:53 PM »
No way the album would be pushed another year. I'm positive about the 2022 release. I like, however, how Mark tries to do it all the old school way, bringing all the musicians. I think many albums in the Covid era were really experimental ones. Record the album alone, record it with local musicians, record it over the Internet. I'd love to see musicians change in Mark's lineup at least for once, to freshen it up a bit. All the usual suspects.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1959 on: January 05, 2022, 12:42:57 PM »
No way the album would be pushed another year. I'm positive about the 2022 release. I like, however, how Mark tries to do it all the old school way, bringing all the musicians. I think many albums in the Covid era were really experimental ones. Record the album alone, record it with local musicians, record it over the Internet. I'd love to see musicians change in Mark's lineup at least for once, to freshen it up a bit. All the usual suspects.

I know what you mean.  He could use a few British musicians to avoid any complications with restrictions.  Marcus Cliffe could be an interesting inclusion to freshen things up and with Mark playing all guitar parts there's really no need to fly Richard over as he can record his parts in Nashville.  Maybe AC would replace Jim on keys.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1960 on: January 05, 2022, 01:05:24 PM »

I know what you mean.  He could use a few British musicians to avoid any complications with restrictions.  Marcus Cliffe could be an interesting inclusion to freshen things up and with Mark playing all guitar parts there's really no need to fly Richard over as he can record his parts in Nashville.  Maybe AC would replace Jim on keys.

Actually MK and Guy could record all guitars and keyboard parts, I think they did for KTGC and I think also Tracker, Guy even recorded bass and drums for the guide tracks when Glenn and Danny or Ianto came, actually there are some songs, like Redbud tree and others I don't remember, where the bass lines are played by Guy.

But it looks like MK wants his whole band, and after all happened with covid these years, I totally understand he wants to hangout with his friends, and prefer to have Richard, Glenn and Jim from the US than calling Marcus Cliffe, Ewen Vernal or Robbie McIntosh, like he did for the Local Hero musical demos.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1961 on: January 05, 2022, 04:09:50 PM »
GF:

"Yes, we will have 2 new albums for you this year, one from me and one from MK"

I am very happy but not a word about Local Hero  :think
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1962 on: January 05, 2022, 06:11:58 PM »
GF:

Maybe that is the album from MK...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

hunter

« Reply #1963 on: January 05, 2022, 08:09:41 PM »

Marcus Cliffe is also an excellent guitar player. He would definitely have a lot to bring to the table if he were hired for the recording sessions.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1964 on: January 05, 2022, 08:15:41 PM »
GF:

I asked him.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 41 queries.