Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The tour ended - Conclusions  (Read 59655 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: The tour ended - Conclusions
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
I know that he has spent at least one summer here with his family, but to play live, it too him 23 years to return! I guess in 2031 he'll be back! He comes to Sofia and Konstantinople but not 800 km to the south to Athens!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
Guy said MK does pilates.

btw dmg, it wasn't the vending machine "joke" that upset me as much as the endless carping from people on this forum who are half his age or less, about his lack of energy and who are very unlikely to do a fraction of what he has done!     I mean, could you envisage touring for 90+ dates across the US and Europe for 4 months  to a different town/country most nights and then do a concert?   That's what I call energy!   ;)   
its a brave statement to make comments about other forum members lifestyle when you know nothing about them, or why not be a bit braver and name them. Here the dangers of writing on internet forums becomes apparent. I find your moral high ground on Marks fitness tedious and weird.

Banjo99uk, If you will read my post above again, you will see that it was about the constant references on this forum to MK's lack of energy and my comments that most people, even if they are only half his age, would not be able to do the things he does at 63 - it was merely a generalisation and was not aimed at any particular person!  However, I do find your final sentence to me very hurtful - would you say those words to my face?
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2012, 06:04:24 PM »
Guy said MK does pilates.

btw dmg, it wasn't the vending machine "joke" that upset me as much as the endless carping from people on this forum who are half his age or less, about his lack of energy and who are very unlikely to do a fraction of what he has done!     I mean, could you envisage touring for 90+ dates across the US and Europe for 4 months  to a different town/country most nights and then do a concert?   That's what I call energy!   ;)   
its a brave statement to make comments about other forum members lifestyle when you know nothing about them, or why not be a bit braver and name them. Here the dangers of writing on internet forums becomes apparent. I find your moral high ground on Marks fitness tedious and weird.

Banjo99uk, If you will read my post above again, you will see that it was about the constant references on this forum to MK's lack of energy and my comments that most people, even if they are only half his age, would not be able to do the things he does at 63 - it was merely a generalisation and was not aimed at any particular person!  However, I do find your final sentence to me very hurtful - would you say those words to my face?
Reread your posts properly. You had a go at me for laughing at DMGs harmless joke. You told me it was not funny and tasteless. I said it was funny, you said youre not laughing and I said I was. Its all here to be read again. I felt you overstepped the mark in telling me what was or was not funny. Please have a look and tell me what you think. Also please dont think I would want to offend you as I wouldnt. Either here or in person, so I apologise as I clearly have.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
Banjo - Thank you - apology accepted!   :)     Now can we draw a line under this storm in a teacup, please, and get back to the original thread?    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2012, 06:18:22 PM »
My pleasure.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »
 :smack  I wanted a fight! I had put my bets on Val!  :wave But I also, secretly, wanted dmg and Banjo to win.  ;D

How about going to the cinema! I saw this old films from the 90ies, with Rachel Griffiths, "Divorcing Jack" and "Muriel's wedding", both great, with that order.
I really miss the old days where a soundtrack was thrown in between DS releases.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2012, 06:28:53 PM »
:smack  I wanted a fight! I had put my bets on Val!  :wave But I also, secretly, wanted dmg and Banjo to win.  ;D

How about going to the cinema! I saw this old films from the 90ies, with Rachel Griffiths, "Divorcing Jack" and "Muriel's wedding", both great, with that order.
I really miss the old days where a soundtrack was thrown in between DS releases.

Now that WAS funny and I'm laughing!    :lol      Cheers vgonis!    :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2012, 06:35:09 PM »
A good ploy. Bet on the team/person/side (etc) that you don't want to win.   That way, if your favoured team/person/side loses, at least you get something back by way of compensation.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »
A good ploy. Bet on the team/person/side (etc) that you don't want to win.   That way, if your favoured team/person/side loses, at least you get something back by way of compensation.

That would be absolutely no compensation if I bet on Celtic to win any match, believe me! ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »

Ive got to be careful Vgonis, Superval could be a bare knuckled fist fighter.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:16:20 PM by Banjo99uk »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

Ive got to be careful Vgonis, Superval could be a bare fisted knuckle fighter.

I thought it was going to be pistols at dawn!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2012, 07:20:13 PM »
That reminds me of an episode from "Not the nine o'clock news" (or was it "A bit of Fry and Laurie") where they meet in the morning for a dual and the referee asks the first one to chose between a sword and a pistol. He chooses the sword and then the referee hands the pistol to the other!!!

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2012, 07:22:31 PM »
Happy Days.
With regards to a conclusion, Ive said before its difficult to do so having not attended. However I will be really dissapointed if I dont get to hear Crows and Kingdom next year. They are the ones im enjoying the most from the 3 recordings ive heard.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »
Vgonis, I went to Athens in 2008 to see MK and the ancient ruins (sounds like a good name for the 96ers). Did you see him get really angry with the tapers and start swearing during why aye man. It was awful to see and totally spoilt the show. I also seem to remember their was gonna be a riot because he didnt play MFN. The energy levels from the audience were amazing, very different from sitting in the RAH clapping politely.
oh the good old click-on-a-button-and-speak-directly-into-the-mic-to -your-team-to-tell-them-about-some-lonely-taper they should catch, that so ruined those shows for me that year. Really sad.
I am just saying two words hear "tripod" and "Amsterdam";(
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:11 AM »
Will the end of the tour not be the end if we keep talking about it? I hope so as I miss it so much! I already stated my thoughts previously about the 2012 NA tour, but since we

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 39 queries.