Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350872 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #870 on: March 20, 2018, 06:03:35 PM »
Just back from John Illsley´s concert in Aschaffenburg. Although I know the answer from Guy´s forum I asked John about beging at the ceremony. He said that he will be there but that their definitely won't be a performance. He seems to be a bit disappointed by saying so. But that might be to much interpretation after this gig.

Infact he is not a bit disappointed, but very likely very disappointed
Perfectly normal reaction of John Illsley!! But MK is a Britton. They make a decision and stick to it!!

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

oh yes we do   ;D I'm the same ,a typical English reaction, im so so glad he isint going to the hall of fame stuff and getting back into doing that  straits stuff.
but at the end of the day i guess were all just looking forward to a new realise and tour at the end of the day and enjoy seeing mark play and enjoy his albums, and he still with us and playing to a good standard  :) i know i am.

ive seen van morrsion and paul weller live the last few months and still not a patch on mark's talent.
 paul weller has lots of energy on stage but his other guitarist does the leg work for him, mark , Clapton, chris rea who have over 10 years on paul weller less energy on stage but play a lot lot more , so was great to see ,
mark wont ever be as quick as he was back in the day but for a 68 year old he can still play and produce great albums
and long may it continue, we all have our little moans about him , but we love him and love seeing him play live and that's why we are on this forum all waiting for this next tour and album!!!!!

Good summary of how a lot of us probably feel.  Who was it that said "Criticism: The Highest Form of Flattery?"  Can't remember right now.

Imitation?     ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDS

• Local Hero
« Reply #871 on: March 20, 2018, 06:08:06 PM »
With all the info on how much this RORHOF circus costs, I sort of feel that none of them should be there, only by video like Mark will. The whole thing is just to make money and force bands to reunite.
I totally agree. That's enough for me to completely understand Mark's decision (even if this may not be the main reason). I would have done the same.

P.S. would also explain the lack of an official statement :D just hypotheses...
Tracker - Lucca 2015
DTRW - Lucca 2019

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #872 on: March 20, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »
Just back from John Illsley´s concert in Aschaffenburg. Although I know the answer from Guy´s forum I asked John about beging at the ceremony. He said that he will be there but that their definitely won't be a performance. He seems to be a bit disappointed by saying so. But that might be to much interpretation after this gig.

Perfectly normal reaction of John Illsley!! But MK is a Britton. They make a decision and stick to it!!

oh yes we do   ;D I'm the same ,a typical English reaction, im so so glad he isint going to the hall of fame stuff and getting back into doing that  straits stuff.
but at the end of the day i guess were all just looking forward to a new realise and tour at the end of the day and enjoy seeing mark play and enjoy his albums, and he still with us and playing to a good standard  :) i know i am.

ive seen van morrsion and paul weller live the last few months and still not a patch on mark's talent.
 paul weller has lots of energy on stage but his other guitarist does the leg work for him, mark , Clapton, chris rea who have over 10 years on paul weller less energy on stage but play a lot lot more , so was great to see ,
mark wont ever be as quick as he was back in the day but for a 68 year old he can still play and produce great albums
and long may it continue, we all have our little moans about him , but we love him and love seeing him play live and that's why we are on this forum all waiting for this next tour and album!!!!!

Good summary of how a lot of us probably feel.  Who was it that said "Criticism: The Highest Form of Flattery?"  Can't remember right now.

Imitation?     ;)

Nah, it wasn't him.  ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #873 on: March 20, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »

Imitation?     ;)

Nah, it wasn't him.  ;)

No, it didn't sound right to me either!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #875 on: March 20, 2018, 08:09:19 PM »
Honestly, I’m about to leave this forum. Maybe it should become a church.

As jbaent said very well, opinions are opinions, and we are here to express our opinions about MK and DS. It’s 100% fine to disagree with me if I say, for example, Mark’s sunglasses are ugly. Now, criticizing me for not liking his sunglasses? For the love of god.

Eddie: Mark’s sunglasses look terrible!
Fellow amiter: come on, it’s nice, I like it!

Totally acceptable!

Fellow amiter: you shouldn’t say it, it looks good on him, why do you say that?

Unacceptable!

It’s suffocating, guys. I’m not a sheep, sorry. Just tell me if that’s the way it is and I’ll get the hell outta here and never come back. I’m extremely annoyed by this. Sometimes it genuinely feels like I’m a child surrounded by babysitters.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:13:51 PM by Eddie Fox »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Onlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #876 on: March 20, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »

As jbaent said very well, opinions are opinions, and we are here to express our opinions about MK and DS. It’s 100% fine to disagree with me if I say, for example, Mark’s sunglasses are ugly. Now, criticizing me for not liking his sunglasses? For the love of god.

Totally acceptable!

Unacceptable!

It’s suffocating, guys. I’m not a sheep, sorry. Just tell me if that’s the way it is and I’ll get the hell outta here and never come back. I’m extremely annoyed by this. Sometimes it genuinely feels like I’m a child surrounded by babysitters.
No way you're leaving. Who's gonna say KTGC is a boring album then? :D

Now seriously, just ignore him/them.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #877 on: March 20, 2018, 08:38:50 PM »

Totally acceptable!

Unacceptable!

No way you're leaving. Who's gonna say KTGC is a boring album then? :D

Now seriously, just ignore him/them.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

I’ve been trying to, I swear to god, but man... this is supposed to be a community but it feels like I’m a guest at somebody’s home. It doesn’t feel right to me.

Love Expresso

« Reply #878 on: March 20, 2018, 09:08:06 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. This once was a daily source of joy to me but sadly has become a reflection of what is going wrong in the world in terms of communication, attitude and culture of dispute. Some come here and obviously think AMIT is a fan forum but expect something totally different these days from what was consent what a fan forum should be in those years it was founded.

Please stay, you just can't leave us alone. I already left two or three times but came back in the end because of this group of fine people that's still here, although I detect that some of them are posting less and less. Why not pause, take a break... I know how hard it is to ignore them but that's the way the world is these days. If they leave, others will follow, with the same attitude, or even worse. And younger.

Which is a good sign in general, some of the newbies seem to be VERY young, referring to behaviour and maturity.  Who would have thought that MK is still able to attract people born after Dire Straits split up. However we have to live with the side effects. It makes the place lively and less boring at least.

LE

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #879 on: March 20, 2018, 09:27:13 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. This once was a daily source of joy to me but sadly has become a reflection of what is going wrong in the world in terms of communication, attitude and culture of dispute. Some come here and obviously think AMIT is a fan forum but expect something totally different these days from what was consent what a fan forum should be in those years it was founded.

Please stay, you just can't leave us alone. I already left two or three times but came back in the end because of this group of fine people that's still here, although I detect that some of them are posting less and less. Why not pause, take a break... I know how hard it is to ignore them but that's the way the world is these days. If they leave, others will follow, with the same attitude, or even worse. And younger.

Which is a good sign in general, some of the newbies seem to be VERY young, referring to behaviour and maturity.  Who would have thought that MK is still able to attract people born after Dire Straits split up. However we have to live with the side effects. It makes the place lively and less boring at least.

LE
You are right LE, as a beginner in here I had no idea on how it is in here. Now I am beginning to understand, and don't worry, there won't be many posts. All I do is try to be nice, and all I get is told to take a hike and smell MK farts.

Sent fra min SM-A310F via Tapatalk

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #880 on: March 20, 2018, 09:29:12 PM »
Just a little patience, mates. Once we'll be getting new stuff there will be plenty of good discussions. Just my 2ct.

:wave
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #881 on: March 20, 2018, 09:32:57 PM »
Just a little patience, mates. Once we'll be getting new stuff there will be plenty of good discussions. Just my 2ct.

:wave

God save the poor soul of those who find anything they don't like or think could had been better in the new MK record and do the mistake of share their thoughts in the belief that freedom of speech is allowed and respected...

Love Expresso

« Reply #882 on: March 20, 2018, 09:36:59 PM »

LE
You are right LE, as a beginner in here I had no idea on how it is in here. Now I am beginning to understand, and don't worry, there won't be many posts. All I do is try to be nice, and all I get is told to take a hike and smell MK farts.

Maybe my post was too general... it was not especially addressed to you for sure. And that fart thing is not my style. Nothing wrong with being nice.

LE

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #883 on: March 20, 2018, 09:39:16 PM »

LE

Thanks, mate. The whole forum thing is pretty simple to me. There’s a subject and people respectfully express their opinions about it. If you disagree with someone’s opinion you respectfully present yours and it triggers off a healthy debate.

On the other hand, once a member is disrespectful and/or turns someone’s opinion on the original subject into the new subject and judges it... it’s dead cold.

It’s unbelievable that in 2018 it needs to be discussed.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #884 on: March 20, 2018, 09:42:29 PM »

LE

I hope you don’t think my post was directed to you. As far as I’m concerned we reached an agreement in some other topic and it was all good.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 43 queries.