Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350714 times)

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #885 on: March 20, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »
First of all, it is beneficial for everyone to be calm. I have been here for exactly 7 years and many old members left because of this ridiculous, inefficient debate. And gladly new members came too. From many different perspectives of the world, we have gathered a common point here. Already in the world and in my country (Turkey) has an absurd world agenda so unnecessary. We come here to meet familiar faces, to chat, mostly to read, to break daily routine; to find some peace of mind. I think we all need to protect it. It's better to think twice and never write, as you are setting up very sharp, sensational, breakthrough statements.

Also hey hopefully soon we will get both new album, musical and tour news  :wave

Sorry for such a long article. It is not a virtue that I am able to say a lot by writing at least  :)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #886 on: March 20, 2018, 10:22:56 PM »
There are a couple of people on here just not on my radar.  Saves my blood pressure!  Why not try it?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #887 on: March 20, 2018, 10:32:19 PM »
Honestly, I’m about to leave this forum. Maybe it should become a church.

As jbaent said very well, opinions are opinions, and we are here to express our opinions about MK and DS. It’s 100% fine to disagree with me if I say, for example, Mark’s sunglasses are ugly. Now, criticizing me for not liking his sunglasses? For the love of god.

Eddie: Mark’s sunglasses look terrible!
Fellow amiter: come on, it’s nice, I like it!

Totally acceptable!

Fellow amiter: you shouldn’t say it, it looks good on him, why do you say that?

Unacceptable!

It’s suffocating, guys. I’m not a sheep, sorry. Just tell me if that’s the way it is and I’ll get the hell outta here and never come back. I’m extremely annoyed by this. Sometimes it genuinely feels like I’m a child surrounded by babysitters.
No way you're leaving. Who's gonna say KTGC is a boring album then? :D

Now seriously, just ignore him/them.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Totally agree with you !!! Everybody have the right to express his feelings about MK. He's certainly not a Saint nor a God !! It's just that no matter how long we're discussing his decision about RARHOF or something else, it won't make a difference !!

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #888 on: March 21, 2018, 12:28:04 AM »

As jbaent said very well, opinions are opinions, and we are here to express our opinions about MK and DS. It’s 100% fine to disagree with me if I say, for example, Mark’s sunglasses are ugly. Now, criticizing me for not liking his sunglasses? For the love of god.

Totally acceptable!

Unacceptable!

It’s suffocating, guys. I’m not a sheep, sorry. Just tell me if that’s the way it is and I’ll get the hell outta here and never come back. I’m extremely annoyed by this. Sometimes it genuinely feels like I’m a child surrounded by babysitters.

101%  :thumbsup

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #889 on: March 21, 2018, 01:03:25 AM »

Totally acceptable!

Unacceptable!

No way you're leaving. Who's gonna say KTGC is a boring album then? :D

Now seriously, just ignore him/them.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Totally agree with you !!! Everybody have the right to express his feelings about MK. He's certainly not a Saint nor a God !! It's just that no matter how long we're discussing his decision about RARHOF or something else, it won't make a difference !!

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk
[/quote)

There’s nothing wrong with criticism. It’s just that there are some people (only a few) who obviously aren’t fans of anything MK has done in the last quite a few years and ONLY criticize. It gets very tiring...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #890 on: March 21, 2018, 02:08:05 AM »
Who the hell do you think you are to decide who is or isn’t a fan? All you do in this forum is to pick up fights. If there’s someone around here who poisons this environment it’s you, buddy.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #891 on: March 21, 2018, 02:19:05 AM »
Who the hell do you think you are to decide who is or isn’t a fan? All you do in this forum is to pick up fights. If there’s someone around here who poisons this environment it’s you, buddy.

I think it’s safe to say that someone who has nothing positive to say about anything the man has done in 10+ years is no longer a fan. Why so hostile?

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #892 on: March 21, 2018, 08:06:43 AM »

I think it’s safe to say that someone who has nothing positive to say about anything the man has done in 10+ years is no longer a fan. Why so hostile?

Funny, that said by a person who's posts are only to say  negative things about the opinion of longtime and valuos forum members...

Just check all your posts and you'll only find negative opinions.

Someone called you hypocrite. He was totally right.

You're not only hypocrite, you're totally useless to this forum.

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #893 on: March 21, 2018, 08:12:50 AM »
:thumbsup

Why, when I see posts from you jbaent, I know that there will be criticism of MK

Exactly.

Thanks for your great contribution to his forum with this post.  :clap It's only to provoke Jbaent. Everybody is free to criticise, but can you stop now with criticise fellow members?

The moderation team is going to do anything with this troll before all burn down in the forum?

This guy has proved that the only thing he has to say in this forum is negative things about other forumers and pick up fights.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #894 on: March 21, 2018, 08:26:53 AM »
Right, nobody leave please, mods are discussing and will decide on a course of action soon.

In the meantime a reminder to all:

https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=4507.0

General rule of thumb - don't be a dick. We try not to censor or ban but if someone is a dick then we have to sadly. :(

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #895 on: March 21, 2018, 09:51:48 AM »
To call Don70 a hypocrite or to even think of banning him would be a real scandal.

Basically he does nothing else than trying to rescue the freedom of speech for those few left here who still find something interesting or positive in MK.

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #896 on: March 21, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »
To call Don70 a hypocrite or to even think of banning him would be a real scandal.

Basically he does nothing else than trying to rescue the freedom of speech for those few left here who still find something interesting or positive in MK.

Are you having a laugh?

He didn't add anything at all except criticize other forumers...

All negative additions from him to the forum.

Interest and postive opinions about MK are all welcome by everybody including those who have negative opinions on whatever, all are opinions.

Eddie Fox expressed it very well, you can do two things:

- Give your opposite opinion to the negative opinions, that's perfectly ok
- To be critic about the person who have a negative opinion. That's useless and doesn´t add anything at the forum beyond telling the others what can they say and what not.

It is so easy to understand that I can't believe you are not getting it...

By the way, check Don70 posts and find anything useful that he added to the forum beside moaning about other forumers.

You are going to find a big percentage of nothing useful but moaning. https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=3541
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:09:29 AM by wayaman »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #897 on: March 21, 2018, 10:36:16 AM »
The press talk about our always right and perfect divinity:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/03/dont_expect_dire_straits_to_pe.html

This sentence fills me with joy and happiness:

The Cars, Bon Jovi and The Moody Blues are certain to perform, while fans can also expect tributes for Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Nina Simone.

Poor unlucky fans of The Cars, Bon Jovi or The Moody Blues, they will have to suffer the embarrasement of watch their favourite bands playing again together... I'm so sad for them. They are not so lucky as we are.

As Guy said, this is not a prize for them, is a prize for us. I'm not attenting the ceremony either  ;D :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #898 on: March 21, 2018, 10:48:28 AM »
Hahahaha

I like this pain in the ass kind of posts. That's what it makes this forum funny to me...

Don't loose the sense of humour, please!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #899 on: March 21, 2018, 11:12:19 AM »
General rule of thumb:

Moaning about MK - Fine
Moaning about AMITers - Not fine

Debate encouraged, insults not tolerated.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.