Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614715 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #2400 on: July 24, 2018, 02:12:17 PM »
 I believe him as I know about similar experiences by other fans close to me
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #2401 on: July 24, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
My vacation ends. I had the dream to follow the footsteps of the DS and see all the important places associated with my favorite band and of course also British Grove. Envy ijnijn.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2402 on: July 24, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »
I believe him, because something similar happened to us when we visited BG.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #2403 on: July 24, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »
I never ring BG bell, but in my first time being around BG in 2006, I was wandering around with a friend taking pictures and someone in the studio saw us and went out to ask us who we were and what we were doing. After telling that we were just fans taken pictures, he talked with us a little and told us Mk and Guy were working, alone and that they were doing that for months. That was during Ktgc recording sessions and after that chat we said thanks and went to the black keys pub for a drink.

Staff at BG are quite friendly according what happened to me and other stories I heard.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2404 on: July 24, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »
I never ring BG bell, but in my first time being around BG in 2006, I was wandering around with a friend taking pictures and someone in the studio saw us and went out to ask us who we were and what we were doing. After telling that we were just fans taken pictures, he talked with us a little and told us Mk and Guy were working, alone and that they were doing that for months. That was during Ktgc recording sessions and after that chat we said thanks and went to the black keys pub for a drink.

Staff at BG are quite friendly according what happened to me and other stories I heard.

That's quite similar to our experience.   We didn't ring the bell - we were just looking at the building, when someone came out to talk to us.  It was autumn 2009 and Get Lucky was in progress.  We asked if anything was happening in the studio, but he said no-one was there at the time.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineijnijn

• Guitar George
« Reply #2405 on: July 24, 2018, 08:54:43 PM »
All of this it's true, what's the point in inventing such stories? ;) I'm a die hard fan like you and the BG situation really did my holidays. Actually one of the BG studios neighbours encouraged me to ring the bell. :) me and my wife are on our honeymoon and thanks to Julio Bricio for the great book about Knopfler's London. We followed the places page by page and we really enjoyed it.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #2406 on: July 24, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »
All of this it's true, what's the point in inventing such stories? ;) I'm a die hard fan like you and the BG situation really did my holidays. Actually one of the BG studios neighbours encouraged me to ring the bell. :) me and my wife are on our honeymoon and thanks to Julio Bricio for the great book about Knopfler's London. We followed the places page by page and we really enjoyed it.

Glad to hear my book was helpful for you!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #2407 on: July 25, 2018, 08:27:41 AM »

Congrats on your wedding and welcome to Amit!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2408 on: July 25, 2018, 11:32:42 AM »

Congrats on your wedding and welcome to Amit!
2nd that!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2409 on: July 25, 2018, 11:41:22 AM »
Congrats from me too!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #2410 on: July 25, 2018, 11:52:22 AM »
This is maybe just my opinion.....but a walk past BG, yeah - OK, you can probably get away with that...but purposely ringing the door, just because your a fan...that is a step too far.

MK is very private, we all know that, and BG is kind of like (in my mind) an sort of extension to Chez Knopfler and you really cant and shouldn't rock up and ring the door, just because you want to have something signed or tell MK you love his twiddly bits. 

Knocking on the door of BG crossed the fan line.  If you want that personal MK experience, then approaching him is fair game at a show or media event, but BG is a little too personal and fans should leave it alone and admire from a distance. 

If staff come out (not because your standing outside waving banners, shouting "play Money for Nothing") and approach you then thats different - but come on...leave MK to do what he does best (albeit slowly) and keep on creating those epic albums and soundtracks
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #2411 on: July 25, 2018, 12:12:41 PM »
This is maybe just my opinion.....but a walk past BG, yeah - OK, you can probably get away with that...but purposely ringing the door, just because your a fan...that is a step too far.

MK is very private, we all know that, and BG is kind of like (in my mind) an sort of extension to Chez Knopfler and you really cant and shouldn't rock up and ring the door, just because you want to have something signed or tell MK you love his twiddly bits. 

Knocking on the door of BG crossed the fan line.  If you want that personal MK experience, then approaching him is fair game at a show or media event, but BG is a little too personal and fans should leave it alone and admire from a distance. 

If staff come out (not because your standing outside waving banners, shouting "play Money for Nothing") and approach you then thats different - but come on...leave MK to do what he does best (albeit slowly) and keep on creating those epic albums and soundtracks

Thank you for saying that, exactly my thoughts, too.

"If you are for instance next to BG studios, do not hesitate to ring the door."
Sorry, but that simply goes too far. If everyone loving MK would behave like that, where would it lead to?
I think it's an attitude like this that causes MK to prefer the safe exit from the RAH instead of taking the stage door and meeting fans who do not know where to stop.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:27:33 PM by Skydiver »

Love Expresso

« Reply #2412 on: July 25, 2018, 12:49:25 PM »
I second THAT. And congratulations to your Marriage by the way. Always good to have new members and fans who know a thing or two to tell us and keep the forum rolling with interesting contributions. Different opinions are an important part of it though. Please forgive for having been doubtful.

Never heard those BG Stories of Mrs Val and jbaent before, by the way. It seems the Staff at the door has some hard  times when MK and Guy are in. Kudos to them for being so nice to Hardcore fans (also known as Get-a-lifers in the MK Universe, as we all know).

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2413 on: July 25, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »

Never heard those BG Stories of Mrs Val and jbaent before, by the way. It seems the Staff at the door has some hard  times when MK and Guy are in. Kudos to them for being so nice to Hardcore fans (also known as Get-a-lifers in the MK Universe, as we all know).

LE

Sorry about not mentioning it, LE, but I didn't think it was that important.  Mr Val and I only visited BG to see where it was situated and what it actually looked like up close.   We didn't expect anyone to speak to us and we didn't learn anything anyway.   

Two things my eagle-eyes did notice in the few seconds we were there was MK's scooter parked inside the glass doors and some people moving a harmonium around the studio!  Oh, there was a window cleaner cleaning the windows and he said nobody was there, none of which was earth-shattering news!   ;D    It could have been lunch-time, though, and they were at the Mawson Arms!   ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:21:21 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2414 on: July 25, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
I think we need not worry about the amount of crazy fans ringing at the BG door. They are not. One direction.
So I think it is perfectly fine for her odd can to ring, and if they cannot/do not want to open the door, walk on, simple as that.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 41 queries.