Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615305 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #2415 on: July 25, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »

Never heard those BG Stories of Mrs Val and jbaent before, by the way. It seems the Staff at the door has some hard  times when MK and Guy are in. Kudos to them for being so nice to Hardcore fans (also known as Get-a-lifers in the MK Universe, as we all know).

LE

Sorry about not mentioning it, LE, but I didn't think it was that important.  Mr Val and I only visited BG to see where it was situated and what it actually looked like up close.   We didn't expect anyone to speak to us and we didn't learn anything anyway.   

Two things my eagle-eyes did notice in the few seconds we were there was MK's scooter parked inside the glass doors and some people moving a harmonium around the studio!  Oh, there was a window cleaner cleaning the windows and he said nobody was there, none of which was earth-shattering news!   ;D    It could have been lunch-time, though, and they were at the Mawson Arms!   ;)

Interesting. What I always wondered, is it recognizable apart from the stylish door knob (from the Hansen movie) as BG studio? A sign, label or anything? Would someone not Interested in MK be able to see that it is a Studio?

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2416 on: July 25, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
Next to the doorbell there is a very small BG logo.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2417 on: July 25, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »

Never heard those BG Stories of Mrs Val and jbaent before, by the way. It seems the Staff at the door has some hard  times when MK and Guy are in. Kudos to them for being so nice to Hardcore fans (also known as Get-a-lifers in the MK Universe, as we all know).

LE

Sorry about not mentioning it, LE, but I didn't think it was that important.  Mr Val and I only visited BG to see where it was situated and what it actually looked like up close.   We didn't expect anyone to speak to us and we didn't learn anything anyway.   

Two things my eagle-eyes did notice in the few seconds we were there was MK's scooter parked inside the glass doors and some people moving a harmonium around the studio!  Oh, there was a window cleaner cleaning the windows and he said nobody was there, none of which was earth-shattering news!   ;D    It could have been lunch-time, though, and they were at the Mawson Arms!   ;)

Interesting. What I always wondered, is it recognizable apart from the stylish door knob (from the Hansen movie) as BG studio? A sign, label or anything? Would someone not Interested in MK be able to see that it is a Studio?

LE

If I wasn't an MK fan and didn't know what to look for, I wouldn't have recognised it as a recording studio and would have walked straight past. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineijnijn

• Guitar George
« Reply #2418 on: July 25, 2018, 07:32:42 PM »
That's true, but it is hardly visible now cause it got wet. The big logos are hidden behind each door on the doormats. Noticed that when they opened the door :) as for MK privacy I don't think ringing the door is that wrong as some of you mentioned. If it was, they would instantly tell me to go away. ;) MK is a public person and I think I didn't do sth impolite or rude.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #2419 on: July 25, 2018, 08:20:37 PM »
That's true, but it is hardly visible now cause it got wet. The big logos are hidden behind each door on the doormats. Noticed that when they opened the door :) as for MK privacy I don't think ringing the door is that wrong as some of you mentioned. If it was, they would instantly tell me to go away. ;) MK is a public person and I think I didn't do sth impolite or rude.
I agree, i welcome that. You should welcome everyone, it's a very welcome bon ton, the rest is on a guest/visitor. I see it as simple as that.

btw, does the doorbell play America the beautiful and tie a yellow ribbon? 8)
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #2420 on: July 25, 2018, 08:33:23 PM »
Sorry guys, i still think purposely ringing the doorbell @ BG isn't cool. 

BG is essentially MK's workspace, and like the rest of you guys we all work somewhere.  How would you like it if some random people kept coming into your work and interrupting you?....you wouldn't appreciate it and if it happened consistently it would get increasingly on your nerves. 

As others have mentioned....where would things end if BG was fair game to disturb?  If you ACTUALLY knew where MK lived, would you still rock up and ring the bell?  Really?  Does the guy get no privacy?  Come on...

I really don't like to read the stories of people who have no appreciation of privacy and an misplaced sense of entitlement.  If people are that rude around BG, i can now see why MK, makes some of the privacy choices he does...
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #2421 on: July 25, 2018, 09:48:42 PM »
you are allowed for a public statement about it afterwards (for Jesus sake)!
It is also possible to announce explaining from those who are welcome unlike of those who are not! (at this stage you're already racist and staff etc...)

I mean, a simply announcement would do it if you find yourself kind of a popular/famous and don't want random* (quite a broad spectrum could be included here!) visitors knocking at your workplace/home door disturbing you! (whatever you might consider/think being famous is?)
I don't see any problem about it here at all.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2422 on: July 25, 2018, 10:18:18 PM »
It is also possible to announce explaining from those who are welcome unlike of those who are not! (at this stage you're already racist and staff etc...)

I mean, a simply announcement would do it if you find yourself kind of a popular/famous and don't want random* (quite a broad spectrum could be included here!) visitors knocking at your workplace/home door disturbing you! (whatever you might consider/think being famous is?)
Ok.can wenn now focus back on the thing what interests us most here?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #2423 on: July 25, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »

fine, all cool! i'm up to move on!

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #2424 on: July 26, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »

Unfortunately Im less cool with some of the latest comments on here. 

Im not sure if its a language thing or whatever, but the inference i got from Stanko in response to a series of posts by me (suggesting why it isn't cool to just knock at BG's door) was the comment that "at this stage you're already racist and staff etc..."

Racial equality and acceptance is one of the things personally I strive for, and it appears to be called a racist is quite offensive and not something that does not align with my outlook on life.

@ Mods, If you deem my comments were racist then please let me know and I will voluntarily remove myself from this forum.  However, if you feel that other members have (wrongly) suggested I'm a racist, then can i ask for some swift action.  Calling someone a racist is a pretty big deal and such a comment is deeply offensive to me and I suggest it breaks the forum guidelines at the top of the page.   
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2425 on: July 26, 2018, 07:02:48 AM »

Unfortunately Im less cool with some of the latest comments on here. 

Im not sure if its a language thing or whatever, but the inference i got from Stanko in response to a series of posts by me (suggesting why it isn't cool to just knock at BG's door) was the comment that "at this stage you're already racist and staff etc..."

Racial equality and acceptance is one of the things personally I strive for, and it appears to be called a racist is quite offensive and not something that does not align with my outlook on life.

@ Mods, If you deem my comments were racist then please let me know and I will voluntarily remove myself from this forum.  However, if you feel that other members have (wrongly) suggested I'm a racist, then can i ask for some swift action.  Calling someone a racist is a pretty big deal and such a comment is deeply offensive to me and I suggest it breaks the forum guidelines at the top of the page.
Totally not, do not agree with the not knocking on the BG door, but did not get the racist comment. So again, drop it, everyone, and focus on the new album. Am in no mood to start slapping hands again.
Any news on the new album anyone??

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #2426 on: July 26, 2018, 10:25:17 AM »
One can only imagine how tough it might be for Guy to be kept working on these projects for SO long. It seems to be a pretty hermetic, not to say klaustrophobic matter to be alone there with Mark most of the time. Of course working on a Musical with so many people involved is pretty demanding and new to them. But Boy they could have made two regular solo albums in that amount of time.. to he honest, I hope for the best but expect the worst... Do you really think that this over long time frame will result in an album where you really can say that it was worth the wait?

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #2427 on: July 26, 2018, 10:26:57 AM »
One can only imagine how tough it might be for Guy to be kept working on these projects for SO long. It seems to be a pretty hermetic, not to say klaustrophobic matter to be alone there with Mark most of the time. Of course working on a Musical with so many people involved is pretty demanding and new to them. But Boy they could have made two regular solo albums in that amount of time.. to he honest, I hope for the best but expect the worst... Do you really think that this over long time frame will result in an album where you really can say that it was worth the wait?

LE
Every MK solo album and tour is worth the wait.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #2428 on: July 26, 2018, 10:36:53 AM »
Yes I know but isn't this long time span raising the expectation into totally unhealthy dimensions?

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2429 on: July 26, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »
Yes I know but isn't this long time span raising the expectation into totally unhealthy dimensions?

LE

Six years for OES and it is now one of my favourite albums of all.  STP took four years and it is my favourite solo album, so I am certainly eagerly awaiting this release.  In fact, once I stop typing I'll be rubbing my hands together!  :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 45 queries.