Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Local Hero Musical - The Official Release  (Read 22506 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Local Hero Musical - The Official Release
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
I've just had an email from The Old Vic informing me that Local Hero Musical has been cancelled.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »
Me too, how sad!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2021, 12:44:51 PM »
I've just had an email from The Old Vic informing me that Local Hero Musical has been cancelled.

Will this mean they will ramp up the release of the record then?  Are we going to have two MK releases in the same year? 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:47:31 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2021, 03:28:05 PM »
Sadly, Inevitable I suppose that LH has been cancelled but I wonder if the release will not materialise at all now....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2021, 09:09:21 PM »
Sadly, Inevitable I suppose that LH has been cancelled but I wonder if the release will not materialise at all now....

I hadn't even thought of that scenario!   :smack
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2021, 09:24:54 PM »

According to last Guy's comment in his forum, I'd say that this is a cancelation in the Old Vic because they can't host the musical. The way he says makes me think there is hope that it will be represented in other theater.

Actually he said that we will have news regarding the musical, about the stage representation and the record... So let's be positive!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2021, 03:22:40 AM »

According to last Guy's comment in his forum, I'd say that this is a cancelation in the Old Vic because they can't host the musical. The way he says makes me think there is hope that it will be represented in other theater.

Actually he said that we will have news regarding the musical, about the stage representation and the record... So let's be positive!

Ooooh, I agree let's remain optimistic that there will be a release of some kind...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »
I’ve not had any communication from the Old Vic, though I’ve been sitting on a pair of expensive tickets for a very long time. Has anyone received refunds, or info on refunds? This sounds like a huge shame, but hopefully a phoenix will arise from the ashes. I’m feeling very glad I met the trip up to Edinburgh to see it twice!

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2021, 08:34:42 AM »
I got an email and could opt for a refund. As the credit card I used for booking expired I had to call them with the new details last week. But haven´t checked if the money was booked back to the credit card yet.
I think you could just call and ask.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2021, 09:10:46 AM »
I’ve not had any communication from the Old Vic, though I’ve been sitting on a pair of expensive tickets for a very long time. Has anyone received refunds, or info on refunds? This sounds like a huge shame, but hopefully a phoenix will arise from the ashes. I’m feeling very glad I met the trip up to Edinburgh to see it twice!

I had a similar problem and only after many mails and calls I finally got the refund.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 10:45:04 AM by skydiver »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2021, 09:12:24 AM »

I decided to ask for a refund a week before I heard the show had been cancelled and the money was refunded to me within three days.    I'm glad we went to Edinburgh too, it was a great show!   I hope you get your refund soon.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2021, 04:01:15 PM »
Turned out I had been sent the cancellation email, but it had gone into spam. I’m on the case now.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2021, 11:20:15 PM »
Turned out I had been sent the cancellation email, but it had gone into spam. I’m on the case now.
oh, a private investigation! you end scarred for life with no compensation! ;D
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »

I decided to ask for a refund a week before I heard the show had been cancelled and the money was refunded to me within three days.    I'm glad we went to Edinburgh too, it was a great show!   I hope you get your refund soon.

I didn't had my refund yet, and asked for it almost a month ago. I guess they have a lot of work refunded all the tickets so I'll wait paciently.

I can't wait to hear to which theatre, if they found any, they are moving the musical. I read somewhere that in the London's West End there are almost 40 theaters so I hope they have luck and found a spot in one of them, specially because it looks like the release of a cd depend on it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2021, 11:26:55 AM »
I can't wait to hear to which theatre, if they found any, they are moving the musical. I read somewhere that in the London's West End there are almost 40 theaters so I hope they have luck and found a spot in one of them, specially because it looks like the release of a cd depend on it.

LH is a rather charming and intimate production which calls for a smaller theatre space like in Edinburgh.
I think that's why they opted for the Old Vic.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.