Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #16 DTRW TOUR - May 18 2019 - First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 33697 times)

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Knopflerfan, thank you for the videos!

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Silvertown is the highlight of the concert for me. Really love it

I hope Mark will not withdraw this song.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
He has withdrawn OES...
Only east-coast americans and 11 european cities will have heard it... A pity.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Knopflerfan, thank you for the videos!

Pleased you like them, two more to come  :wave

Had such a fab evening and fab seats!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Silvertown is the highlight of the concert for me. Really love it

Soooooo gooood Live

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
He has withdrawn OES...
Only east-coast americans and 11 european cities will have heard it... A pity.

And it’s your face I’m looking for on every street...

I regret too. This is an important song for me
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
We really need blueray because of these songs! Maybe I should take a banner "I want my DVD" to my gigs...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Many thanks, Knopflerfan, for the videos!    It was lovely meeting you both again on Saturday!    :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
The sound of Mark's guitar is great from these and other videos, I can't wait to hear it on the USB downloads.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Many thanks, Knopflerfan, for the videos!    It was lovely meeting you both again on Saturday!    :wave

More than welcome as ever. I'm soooooo pleased they came out so well...
Sad to say goodbye wasn't it.....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
The sound of Mark's guitar is great from these and other videos, I can't wait to hear it on the USB downloads.

Mark's guitar sounds so good Live, period!!

hunter

No media reviews (yet) from the Leeds show. Quite amazing.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
It’s been a while but I only got back from my trip away late last night, so here is my review of the Leeds show.  First of all I thought it was a very nice venue, apparently only about 4 years old, not too large and quite steeply raked seating behind the floor section, making the place appear smaller than it probably was.  I though it sounded great too although other AMITers said they experienced some echo from their seats.  Sadly tight airport-like security now.

Once inside I found my seat which was pretty nice and right at the aisle (more on that later).  Nice start with WAM and you can usually tell from the start how Mark is playing that day - I knew he was in form.  In Leeds his playing was impeccable.  He was very intense and on StP especially he was playing some really great stuff.  One little mistake on R&J outro solo was the only minor error of the night that probably most people didn’t notice.  Val and I noticed a minor lyrics change on the song.  Really nice Speedway which is better played with fewer notes as per this tour (brassies have been turned down in the mix as he is more reassured in his playing).

At the end most people in front of and around me stayed seated.  The band walk off the stage, so being at the aisle I decide to go for it.  I’m there for about 10-20 seconds and start thinking there’s nobody next to me…  I turn around to find out I’m the only one down the front!  Not to fear though because a further 10-20 seconds after that Ingrid came to my rescue, shortly followed by Val and Mr Val.  Phew!  So close when he played the iconic MFN and the beautiful Piper is wasted with the brassies.  Don't like GH on the Gibson; the build-up is difficult to play well with it's thicker sound.  Basically, it's a Strat song.

I though his playing in Leeds was excellent and he hasn’t played so well in years.  The show does drag in the middle to be honest, although not so badly as it does in live streams or recordings.  The show does feel incomplete without a TR song though and it was proved yet again that Speedway is not a showstopper no matter how well played it is.

Post show a quick chat outside with some wonderful old friends (and new too), some I see quite often, some only tour time and others I would see the following night in Newcastle.  So we parted outside the venue, the fuddy-duddies back to their hotels while I took Ingrid to a nightclub but she took me to a pub instead!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:18:58 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
It’s been a while but I only got back from my trip away late last night, so here is my review of the Leeds show.  First of all I thought it was a very nice venue, apparently only about 4 years old, not too large and quite steeply raked seating behind the floor section, making the place appear smaller than it probably was.  I though it sounded great too although other AMITers said they experienced some echo from their seats.  Sadly tight airport-like security now.

Once inside I found my seat which was pretty nice and right at the aisle (more on that later).  Nice start with WAM and you can usually tell from the start how Mark is playing that day - I knew he was in form.  In Leeds his playing was impeccable.  He was very intense and on StP especially he was playing some really great stuff.  One little mistake on R&J outro solo was the only minor error of the night that probably most people didn’t notice.  Val and I noticed a minor lyrics change on the song.  Really nice Speedway which is better played with fewer notes as per this tour (brassies have been turned down in the mix as he is more reassured in his playing).

At the end most people in front of and around me stayed seated.  The band walk off the stage, so being at the aisle I decide to go for it.  I’m there for about 10-20 seconds and start thinking there’s nobody next to me…  I turn around to find out I’m the only one down the front!  Not to fear though because a further 10-20 seconds after that Ingrid came to my rescue, shortly followed by Val and Mr Val.  Phew!  So close when he played the iconic MFN and the beautiful Piper is wasted with the brassies.  Don't like GH on the Gibson; the build-up is difficult to play well with it's thicker sound.  Basically, it's a Strat song.

I though his playing in Leeds was excellent and he hasn’t played so well in years.  The show does drag in the middle to be honest, although not so badly as it does in live streams or recordings.  The show does feel incomplete without a TR song though and it was proved yet again that Speedway is not a showstopper no matter how well played it is.

Post show a quick chat outside with some wonderful old friends (and new too), some I see quite often, some only tour time and others I would see the following night in Newcastle.  So we parted outside the venue, the fuddy-duddies back to their hotels while I took Ingrid to a nightclub but she took me to a pub instead!

Fuddy-duddies??!! Hshahahaha!!!!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Guy's pic

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 39 queries.