Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: "More music coming your way"  (Read 49822 times)

hunter

Re: "More music coming your way"
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2020, 07:36:59 AM »
Wow. This must be record breaking. Even before MK has started the studio work, people find something to complain about. Lighten up!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2020, 07:59:22 AM »
Wow. This must be record breaking. Even before MK has started the studio work, people find something to complain about. Lighten up!

Even yourself!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

hunter

« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2020, 08:27:09 AM »

Even yourself!

I'll reserve any complaints for the finished album. Until then I'll try to maintain a positive outlook. You and your downers-in-arms should try it sometime.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »

Even yourself!

I'll reserve any complaints for the finished album. Until then I'll try to maintain a positive outlook. You and your downers-in-arms should try it sometime.

Lol, there's always something to complain about. I'd want Mark to change some musicians at last, I'd want him to change his "right-hand man" at least once in his lifetime, I'd want him to record in some other studios besides British Grove just for the sake of change, to freshen things up a little. I'd want a more acoustic album, I'd want more jazz, and I'd want a ton of other things.

You're always expecting too much from Mark and when he finally delivers, it's always with some "compromises", and leaves too many people unhappy. Like this whole Kemper situation — it seemed to piss a lot of people off, while I personally don't care. Same thing with everything else. The sound of the album, the boring cover picture, bad marketing, there's always something to complaining about, that's just the reality of MK world.

hunter

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2020, 08:43:19 AM »

Even yourself!

Lol, there's always something to complain about. I'd want Mark to change some musicians at last, I'd want him to change his "right-hand man" at least once in his lifetime, I'd want him to record in some other studios besides British Grove just for the sake of change, to freshen things up a little. I'd want a more acoustic album, I'd want more jazz, and I'd want a ton of other things.

You're always expecting too much from Mark and when he finally delivers, it's always with some "compromises", and leaves too many people unhappy. Like this whole Kemper situation — it seemed to piss a lot of people off, while I personally don't care. Same thing with everything else. The sound of the album, the boring cover picture, bad marketing, there's always something to complaining about, that's just the reality of MK world.

I know, and I honestly don't have extremely high expectations, but I'm still hoping. If everyone starts having a "glass half empty" attitude towards everything, then this forum is doomed.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2020, 08:54:32 AM »

Even yourself!

I know, and I honestly don't have extremely high expectations, but I'm still hoping. If everyone starts having a "glass half empty" attitude towards everything, then this forum is doomed.

But that comes directly from MK himself, as he doesn't care at all about pleasing other people, rightfully so, and his entire fan-base and the entire working circle is doomed to be divided to 'yes men' and 'losers'. As with this forum, there are some people that are absolutely happy with literally EVERYTHING Knopfler does, and some people, like myself, tend to complaining a lot, which I can admit. That's not always the case with artists, as some artists care more about pleasing fans and hence deliver 'better marketing', 'better setlist', 'longer shows', 'more variety', etc. The Dude abides, Knopfler divides! :lol :lol :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »
I'd loved the last MK record and liked Tracker, also loved most of Privateering and most of the previous ones, but being a fan and love whatever MK does doesn't mean I have to say I'm pleased with everything as everything, always, can be improved. If we can talk about that and only say how wonderful is any little thing he does, then it's when this forum would be doomed to the biggest boredom ever.

hunter

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2020, 09:18:25 AM »

Even yourself!

But that comes directly from MK himself, as he doesn't care at all about pleasing other people, rightfully so, and his entire fan-base and the entire working circle is doomed to be divided to 'yes men' and 'losers'. As with this forum, there are some people that are absolutely happy with literally EVERYTHING Knopfler does, and some people, like myself, tend to complaining a lot, which I can admit. That's not always the case with artists, as some artists care more about pleasing fans and hence deliver 'better marketing', 'better setlist', 'longer shows', 'more variety', etc. The Dude abides, Knopfler divides! :lol :lol :lol

No, it's not about "yes men" and "losers". Mark makes the album he wants to - as do most other artists - and sometimes many people like it and sometimes few. And who likes which album depends on taste only. Touring and setlists are another story and leave much to be desired, but now we are talking about the new album, which hasn't even been made yet. DTRW, for example, was a positive surprise for a lot of us, so we can never know what's coming next.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2020, 02:26:33 PM »
1) A forum is exactly the place where all kinds of opinions should be posted

2) I think David Gilmour would kill himself rather playing and touring with a kemper, it's just complete nonsense, unless you like crap sounds

3) Irony exists
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2020, 03:13:42 PM »

2) I think David Gilmour would kill himself rather playing and touring with a kemper, it's just complete nonsense, unless you like crap sounds

3) Irony exists

Agree on all points.

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2020, 03:39:25 PM »
Check out Richard Bennetts last facebook post. Sweetest thing I've seen today  :D ;D

https://www.facebook.com/ModerneShellac/posts/10159195578562847
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:43:32 PM by Elin N »

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2020, 03:46:14 PM »
Check out Richard Bennetts last facebook post. Sweetest thing I've seen today  :D ;D

https://www.facebook.com/ModerneShellac/posts/10159195578562847

lol funny indeed

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »
Thank you, Elin.   Very sweet indeed!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2020, 04:03:14 PM »

3) Irony exists

1) It's not about restricting anyone's opinion. It's the moaning for the sake of moaning which is a nuisance.

2) I think it's 99.99999% certain that Mark wouldn't use a Kemper in the studio.

3) Indeed, but irony does not come across well because of missing non-verbal communication.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2020, 04:09:55 PM »
Gilmour famously recorded the solo for Another Brick In The Wall straight into the desk, so isn't necessarily hung up on amps.

Just saying.  ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 47 queries.