Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: "More music coming your way"  (Read 49786 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: "More music coming your way"
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2021, 03:52:08 PM »
Even just a thought of "new Knopfler tunes" gives me goosebumps. We are truly lucky that we can anticipate and then enjoy anything new from MK. Probably not for another year but to know that the NEW material is coming is exciting. Thanks for sharing!
seeing that quote below your posts gives me goosebumps, SOOOOOO underrated a song .....

As basically any other B-side :lol

Onlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2021, 06:44:31 PM »
Totally! Must be one of my all time favorites and sums up well the way I feel about MK's music.

Don't you love that feeling of having a lump in the throat (in a good way) when you hear a new MK tune for the first time? Last time I had this kind of reaction was during a first listen of One Song At A Time. Still makes me emotional for some unexplained reason.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2021, 07:05:45 PM »
Oh yes! One Song At A time - here is everything...
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2021, 07:22:49 PM »
Totally! Must be one of my all time favorites and sums up well the way I feel about MK's music.

Don't you love that feeling of having a lump in the throat (in a good way) when you hear a new MK tune for the first time? Last time I had this kind of reaction was during a first listen of One Song At A Time. Still makes me emotional for some unexplained reason.

Oh yes! One Song At A time - here is everything...

I regret that I listened to the leaked radio broadcast version of One Song At A Time because in a radio quality it was a disaster of a song. Sounds much better on the actual record, so I recommend to everybody never listen to the radio premieres...

With the release of each song yes, I love that feeling. However, I'm professionally deformed in the fact that I transcribe every single new song and while doing so, I listen to the new album with the attention nobody should listen to it really.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2021, 08:43:45 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what the band will be.  I can't see the Americans flying over with current circumstances so unless they record remotely he may wish to use Brits. 

Marcus Cliffe and Luke Brighty get your skates on! 🎶

and Robbie McIntosh!

Too obvious to put a smile on your face.  ;)

Ah, One Song at a Time.  A missed opportunity if ever there was one and sad that we will likely never hear it performed live by Mark.  It pains me when that guitar is prematurely faded out at the end. 😩
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 08:48:35 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2021, 08:55:20 PM »
Agreed. It would work in so many slots during live show. Of all the DTRW songs, I would never bet on the bacon song to be picked for live performance.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2021, 07:41:07 AM »
Of all the DTRW songs, I would never bet on the bacon song to be picked for live performance.

Neither would I, but it worked magnificently for me every time!     :)

Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2021, 10:39:26 AM »
Of all the DTRW songs, I would never bet on the bacon song to be picked for live performance.

The outro for this song is truly mind-blowing. Mark going into hardcore modal improvisations... ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2021, 11:26:10 AM »

Never really thought the outro worked and the rest was a bit thin.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2021, 11:32:35 AM »

Great that you've mentioned it because as I was attending the show in Lisbon, the whole show I was thinking "om my god, so many outros". I think half of the show is just outros of songs, it's incredible. Mark seems to be a fan of outros nowadays and put it on records even. A whole half of the songs like "River Towns" or "Broken Bones" is an outro. Personally, I think this, like any other trick in the box, could get pretty old very quickly. I get that Mark wants to showcase the band, but come on, so many outros!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2021, 11:40:25 AM »

it was the outro that I, especially,  loved - that great crashing sound near the end!   Wonderful!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »

Great that you've mentioned it because as I was attending the show in Lisbon, the whole show I was thinking "om my god, so many outros". I think half of the show is just outros of songs, it's incredible. Mark seems to be a fan of outros nowadays and put it on records even. A whole half of the songs like "River Towns" or "Broken Bones" is an outro. Personally, I think this, like any other trick in the box, could get pretty old very quickly. I get that Mark wants to showcase the band, but come on, so many outros!

I know what you mean, but long outros are not something new from MK - the "Why Worry" outro was very long too!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2021, 01:55:07 PM »
My bacon roll, a personnal favourite on the last album along with Drover's road and One Song at a time
I wasn't surprised MK picked it up for the tour, I had a feeling that aborted outro on the album deserved to get a full treatment live, the guitar solo is what I like in his playing, melodic, to the point and subtly different shows after shows.
The outro could have featured more guitar I think, but it was a good moment in the show.
Of course One song at a time would have made for a really great addition to the set, for a band supposedly going forward only, there was a ****load of old stuff in the set.

hunter

« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2021, 06:27:01 PM »
Mark's penchant for outros is quite ironic given that he's an introvert.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2021, 09:41:26 PM »

I know what you mean, but long outros are not something new from MK - the "Why Worry" outro was very long too!

Sometimes an outro couldn't be long enough for me. Could listen to the outro of 'Piper' for hours.  ;)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 39 queries.