Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album after the last from November 2018 ?  (Read 21444 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: New album after the last from November 2018 ?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2021, 09:14:27 PM »
Almost 3 years have passed since the last album from November 2018.
Does anyone have any information about a new album?

Bluebird

Remember we waited 4 years between GH & StP - 1996 - 2000.....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2021, 10:51:22 PM »

Bluebird

But he did plenty of things in the meantime, wag the dog, metroland, a shot at glory (it was released after, but recorded before or at the same time than stp), three short tours with the NHB (97,98,99) and some great collaborations with other artists, like the Hank Williams tribute etc etc

That space of four years, he was quite busy in between
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2021, 11:17:07 PM »

Bluebird

But he did plenty of things in the meantime, wag the dog, metroland, a shot at glory (it was released after, but recorded before or at the same time than stp), three short tours with the NHB (97,98,99) and some great collaborations with other artists, like the Hank Williams tribute etc etc

One suspects he's been busy with family and non music related business in his senior years. With nothing to prove anymore I don't blame him at all....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2021, 08:23:05 PM »
In Barcelona his retirement [from touring] speech sounded so heartbreaking to him because Mark like his job so much.

I don't see him stop from writing and recording as long as he will be able to do it.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2021, 09:00:44 PM »
In Barcelona his retirement [from touring] speech sounded so heartbreaking to him because Mark like his job so much.

I don't see him stop from writing and recording as long as he will be able to do it.

Remember that was the very first time he announced that, and I think you are right it was a shock to him and us too! I agree he will write and record as long as he can...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2021, 10:32:07 AM »

Bluebird

One suspects he's been busy with family and non music related business in his senior years. With nothing to prove anymore I don't blame him at all....

Obviously this break has a lot to do with the pandemia, but between Tracker and DTRW he spent some years doing nothing at all (enjoying a well deserved period of inactivity, Guy said...) until the Local Hero musical appeared, and as it has a lot of periods of time while he was doing nothing, he started to record DTRW in those gaps.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2021, 11:21:29 AM »

Remember that was the very first time he announced that, and I think you are right it was a shock to him and us too! I agree he will write and record as long as he can...

Yes, his retirement announcement was a shock to all of us, but to see him in such bad condition was a big shock, also. 
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2021, 11:33:11 AM »

Yes, his retirement announcement was a shock to all of us, but to see him in such bad condition was a big shock, also.

It was a shock to everyone, nobody that was working with him had the faintest idea that MK would be saying that in Barcelona... They played the whole set under shock. And imagine all the people that work with him, managers, backliners, truckers, catering etc, people that make their living with everything that happens around a tour.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2021, 11:46:33 AM »

It was a shock to everyone, nobody that was working with him had the faintest idea that MK would be saying that in Barcelona... They played the whole set under shock. And imagine all the people that work with him, managers, backliners, truckers, catering etc, people that make their living with everything that happens around a tour.

They are professionals, no need to worry about job shortage! Mark's retirement speech was a stupid idea, to be honest. If he was unsure whether he will tour again or not (seems like he doesn't know himself), he could say just that, not saying goodbye. If he planned that, why not tell anyone, at least his buddies. If he decided to ditch the message, that means he will tour again? So what's your ultimate decision, Mr Knopfler? I don't understand... But maybe that's better than "neverending" farewell tours like some people do. Mark got stuck in the recording-album-tour triangle that seem like he still can't get away from it. Somebody needs to tell him you can play shows without touring 80 countries in a row...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »

They are professionals, no need to worry about job shortage! Mark's retirement speech was a stupid idea, to be honest. If he was unsure whether he will tour again or not (seems like he doesn't know himself), he could say just that, not saying goodbye. If he planned that, why not tell anyone, at least his buddies. If he decided to ditch the message, that means he will tour again? So what's your ultimate decision, Mr Knopfler? I don't understand... But maybe that's better than "neverending" farewell tours like some people do. Mark got stuck in the recording-album-tour triangle that seem like he still can't get away from it. Somebody needs to tell him you can play shows without touring 80 countries in a row...

The thing is... I don't get what this caught them by surprise. It didn't caught me by surprise at all. MK already told in some interviews after the DTRW release that touring would be something that would end, that he would keep writing songs and releasing records, but that touring would be the first thing of the cycle that would end, he said that at probably two or more interviews by the time. When I was at the Barcelona concert I had hopes that he wouldn't go as further as he was telling in those interviews, but unluckily, he was serious about that and made an statement at the concert!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2021, 12:19:21 PM »

The thing is... I don't get what this caught them by surprise. It didn't caught me by surprise at all. MK already told in some interviews after the DTRW release that touring would be something that would end, that he would keep writing songs and releasing records, but that touring would be the first thing of the cycle that would end, he said that at probably two or more interviews by the time. When I was at the Barcelona concert I had hopes that he wouldn't go as further as he was telling in those interviews, but unluckily, he was serious about that and made an statement at the concert!

It was purely the shock of him announcing his retirement the way he did! Like you say jbaent he'd previously hinted the touring couldn't go on...

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2021, 12:35:57 PM »
But during tour, he changed his mind. I don' know. Nobody knows Mark. We love his music but we don't know our hero.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2021, 12:54:17 PM »
But during tour, he changed his mind. I don' know. Nobody knows Mark. We love his music but we don't know our hero.

He only changed his mind by 'toning' down the retirement speech to make it not so harsh!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2021, 01:01:33 PM »

No, he didn't, he just softened it.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2021, 01:12:19 PM »
That's true. He turned it into a joke.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.