Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 342843 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2018, 12:20:53 AM »
Why did Genesis not perform???

I guess no time for rehearsal.  They did a reunion tour in 2007, and they were inducted in 2010. 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:23:12 AM by allen »
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2018, 12:30:18 AM »
Phil Collins had some big health problems at the time i remember know...
He still has today but since he is touring these days i assume he is better. I wonder if MK aprove anyone else playing DS songs at the induction.  :thumbsdown

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2018, 12:37:41 AM »
Phil Collins had some big health problems at the time i remember know...
He still has today but since he is touring these days i assume he is better. I wonder if MK aprove anyone else playing DS songs at the induction.  :thumbsdown

Phil Collins' health is not as good now as it was back in 2010.  Now he walks with a walking stick, coz he gets a right numb leg now and cannot play the drum any more. 

Mark is a perfectionist, and I guess he may think it's better for him to do the DS stuff instead of others.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »
when the kennedy center honoured bands, they didn't perform, but other artists played their tunes

I know it's not the same thing as the rock n roll hall of fame, but it could be an idea....I hope not :-\

OfflineFriday Night

• Guitar George
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:49 PM »
Just trolled a little bit in the 3 Chord Trick thread (https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=6009.msg118845#msg118845) trying to push the discussion away from some heavy human behavior/linguistic studies ;)
What I'd like to point out, is that we know almost nothing about Mark's ideas and current relationships with other members -- all of them are grown ups, and one simple phone call could possibly change a lot.
Mark owes Dire Straits and this ceremony without his presence would be err... (let's say I can't find a good word).
Whatever his decision will be, we have to take it as the best choice.
Even if that would be a 60-minutes set consisting of OUaTitW, TR, ToL and SoS. Bang! 50% of grown up AMiTers dead because of heart attack :)
out on the tower, in a dying sun

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2018, 10:30:47 PM »
What he should do is make a surprise performance of Ticket to Heaven. And he could replace strings with pipes or flute to make it as period uncorrect as possible and announce his new solo album at the same time. It's such a simple song they can have it rehearsed in 20 minuts with 2 tea brakes included and he can do his strumming and not be a guitar hero. It's a good plan, I tell you.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2018, 12:44:02 PM »
The Cars, The Moody Blues, Bon Jovi... All of them saud publicly that they will attend and will perform at the ceremony in the Rolling Stone magazine.

When it comes to Dire Straits, all the inductees members, except Pick and MK, said that they would like to attend and play, but it's up to MK to do it... The only DS member who talked to Rolling Stone was John Illsley to say that it depends on MK

And MK hasn't said a word yet. I know he's busy right now finishing the new album and continue the work on the secret project but... is as easy as rake a look to the agenda and say "Ok, I could go, and I will, or, I won't go"...

It's not so important anyway but I guess that any DS fan would be happy to at least see them together being inducted, it kinds of feed our fan ego to see again our favorite band in the spotlight for a last time.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2018, 01:06:06 PM »
I guess that any DS fan would be happy to at least see them together being inducted, it kinds of feed our fan ego to see again our favorite band in the spotlight for a last time.

Please accept that this is just your oppinion and that there are other DS/MK fans for whom even this idea is horrible and who feel very sorry for MK for having been thrown with dirt again and again by certain overbearing former temporary band members.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2018, 01:12:36 PM »
I guess that any DS fan would be happy to at least see them together being inducted, it kinds of feed our fan ego to see again our favorite band in the spotlight for a last time.

Please accept that this is just your oppinion and that there are other DS/MK fans for whom even this idea is horrible and who feel very sorry for MK for having been thrown with dirt again and again by certain overbearing former temporary band members.

Did you notice that I said "I Guess"...?  I said "I" that means ME and GUESS that means it's not an absolute truth, but a guess.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:51 AM »
I'm waiting for a new interview taking place before the ceremony by any magazine/radio/TV station.  That seems the only way MK has to answer whether he will go and play or not.   Otherwise we will need to wait until the day when the ceremony comes, and after the induction speech finishes, everyone holds breath to see if we can get lucky to see the man walking on stage with other guys.  Or maybe there will be some film shots in the audience while the speech goes, let's wait and see who's sitting next to JI.

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2018, 04:55:54 AM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned here, sad new for the Moody blues and this might affect the RRHF program

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ray-thomas-moody-blues-flautist-and-founder-dead-at-76-w515092
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinedsbs

• Guitar George
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2018, 07:53:15 PM »
Yes, a masterpiece. sounds nearly as a Soundboard, and a marvelous playing by the band.  :thumbsup
By the way - I know there is a version of it, that is "enhanced" by Enlight, but the torrent is dead on the Knopfler TK, and it is not on your repository as well. Do you know where I could find it ? And do you know how "enhanced" it is ? It is almost perfect as it is, I just notice one channel was down for a while during TR... Does the new version correct that ?

I just found this link via google. Don't know which version is. But it will work for those who don't have this bootleg in their collection (as it was my case). Thank you all for lettin' me know about it.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/dire-straits-1981-06-17-palais-des-sports-paris-france-355657.html

Best regards

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
Thanks but this is actually the version from another taper, much much less good sounding that the other one.

Offlinedsbs

• Guitar George
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »
Yes, I realised that as soon as I listened a few seconds of a few tracks.

I'll keep looking for the other bottleg from that night. No luck so far.

Offlinecaci99

• Guitar George
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2018, 12:27:53 PM »
Yes, I realised that as soon as I listened a few seconds of a few tracks.

I'll keep looking for the other bottleg from that night. No luck so far.
Fans having a hard time finding a bootleg :). Hope you find it for me as well :)
don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 37 queries.